Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4pi plans and questions
4pi plans and questions [message #71071] Mon, 23 January 2012 17:18 Go to next message
thedude306 is currently offline  thedude306
Esquire
howdy, could I get a set of your 4pi plans please.

I am going to be building these speakers for my LCR to replace a set of B&W towers. I have a few questions in regards to integrating them into a 11.2 system with all the other speakers being traditional 2 ways with dome tweeters. Should I be concerned? Do you think the timbre matching up front (with the wides and heights) going to be an issue? I am less concerned about the rear two sets of speakers.

I also have a question about a baffle wall install. I found this and just want to clarify that they will perform well in a wall.

http://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=15168&prevloaded=1&&start=60

Thanks for all the help.

Brad T
Re: 4pi plans and questions [message #71072 is a reply to message #71071] Mon, 23 January 2012 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

Four π speakers are perfectly suited for soffit mounting, in wall, baffle flush. See the following thread:
As for the surround speakers, I really like using one π or two π speakers as surrounds. They're a good match. I can't say about other loudspeakers, of course.

What are you using for subs? I would suggest using flanking subs near the L/R mains, and possibly one or two more distant subs.
Re: 4pi plans and questions [message #71073 is a reply to message #71071] Mon, 23 January 2012 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thedude306 is currently offline  thedude306
Esquire
Thank you!

I guess I will play the wait and see with the surrounds. I just hate selling (at a loss, but the B&W do hold their value) all the speakers that I have. But I would love to build more speakers as well.

For subs, I am planning on an IB using 8 18" IST Xmass woofers in two manifolds in the baffle wall. The manifolds will be under and slightly to the insides of the 4pi speakers.

I am also trying to incorporate an IB in the back of the room as well. If not I will have a couple large sealed boxes.

using a berhinger FBQ2496 and audessy XT32 for EQ.

I am also on the hunt for better testing equipment, as of right now I am only using a RS SPL meter and test tones.

Brad T
Re: 4pi plans and questions [message #71075 is a reply to message #71073] Mon, 23 January 2012 23:20 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds like an excellent plan.

Previous Topic: Check out this REMOTE Control Amp!
Next Topic: May I have the enclosure plans for your 4Pi speaker?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:35:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio