Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Good News about my Three Pi Speaker Kit (The interaction between my hearing aids and the speakers)
icon14.gif  Good News about my Three Pi Speaker Kit [message #71019] Tue, 17 January 2012 16:08 Go to next message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
Some of you may recall that my hearing aids were interacting with the Three Pi Speakers, and I had to go to my audiologist and have him add a second and third music program, and take them off Auto.

He cut a good bit in the 1K to 2K region, and boosted the 6K to 8K range. The speakers sound great now. I'm actually ecstatic about the range and accuracy of the sound. Wayne said that I might want to drop the 500K to 1000K range also, so I will have that done to one of the programs and switch back and forth to see how I like it.

I had a cabinet maker build the cabinets to spec except he used 3/4" MDF instead of 5/8". The internal dimensions are the same. I also had him lengthen the cabinet sides by 20" to avoid having to come up with a stand. If you were to cut off the bottom 20 inches, you would see the real speaker bottom.

Anyway, the quality of the sound and components is outstanding. I would recommend them to anyone.

I'm thinking about a high gloss white veneer and leaving the drivers bare. I'm toying with the idea of a deep midnight blue.

I'm attaching pics of the build. Pardon the mess, but it was late (3:00 am) and I didn't feel like straightening a room.

Floyd

index.php?t=getfile&id=691&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=692&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=693&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=694&private=0

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Re: Good News about my Three Pi Speaker Kit [message #71022 is a reply to message #71019] Tue, 17 January 2012 20:47 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Glad you got your hearing aids dialed in, Floyd!

Previous Topic: 3pi subwoofer plan
Next Topic: 15" woofer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:36:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout