Home » Audio » Home Theater » Kids room
Kids room [message #69978] Wed, 02 November 2011 18:50 Go to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
I want to buy a home theater system for my son's room for Christmas. His room is long and a bit narrow. I would say it still measures about 30 feet. What do you think would be the best for a room like this.
Re: Kids room [message #70495 is a reply to message #69978] Sun, 18 December 2011 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love4music is currently offline  love4music
Baron
Great question - did you buy something? We were thinking of turning one of the old bedrooms into a theater room. I was actually thinking of knocking out some walls though to make it bigger. Would love to know what you came up with?
Re: Kids room [message #70759 is a reply to message #69978] Tue, 03 January 2012 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes, if you get a chance to update us, let us know what you decided to do. If it had been me and it was practical, I would've set up the system on one of the narrow ends and use soft furniture/fabrics to keep sound from echoing too much down the entire room.
Re: Kids room [message #70938 is a reply to message #69978] Tue, 10 January 2012 01:16 Go to previous message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
30 feet is a good size, though if the room is long and narrow you'd have to think hard about where to put the screen or TV. The idea of knocking two rooms together sounds great if you're going to be living there long term.
Previous Topic: Sony Internet TV Player is awesome!
Next Topic: Drapes or Curtains
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:23:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout