Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » I Hate Termites (General Beef)
I Hate Termites [message #70904] Sat, 07 January 2012 19:55 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, I actually don't hate termites, I really hate termites. When I was taking down the exterior Christmas lights, I happened to push on the main support post for my garage. Big surprise, the paint pushed in. Armed with a screw driver, I started to scrape the post ( a 6X8 thing Shocked ) and the more I scraped, the more of it crumbled away. It was chomped down to about a 2X2 at ground level. Paint intact, wood just dust. I had visions of a new type of compact car. My Subaru Forester about 2 foot thick Confused So I put all my electronic projects on hold and checked around on getting the post fixed. You really don't want to know how outrageous the bids were. So off to the equipment rent place to get some roof jacks. Then remove the post (heavy blasted thing). Off to the lumber yard (hoping all the time that the roof was still standing) Get a new post, clean out all the nearby damage which was fortunately minimal. The buggers just liked the wood the post was made of and left everything alone. Still I had to tear out two wall panels and a few nearby 2X4s. All fixed now and I have some of the nastiest termite killer stuff they had in town. Payback is a B--ch. Take that you buggers. Twisted Evil

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: I Hate Termites [message #70908 is a reply to message #70904] Sat, 07 January 2012 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, man, that suuuucks! But I guess it could be worse - glad they liked that one wood post.

Suggestion: DIY some baiting stations. Might even save some of the wood they liked for the bait. You can buy the little cups and install them around the periphery of the house. Put bait in the cups and check every couple of months. When you see them chomping on the bait, you put poison in the cups and let the little bastards eat that. Pretty good idea, and doesn't really cost that much to DIY.
Re: I Hate Termites [message #71155 is a reply to message #70908] Mon, 30 January 2012 21:26 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, Post and supports replaced, as well as two sections of the wall (had to tear it out to get to the post). All nicely painted now as well. Plus, I put enough termite killer around the house to qualify as an EPA disaster site. They won't be back anytime soon Twisted Evil

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Scaring Yourself with Sound
Next Topic: The Superbowl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:02:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers