Home » Audio » General » Smartphones and music
Re: Smartphones and music [message #70665 is a reply to message #69786] Thu, 29 December 2011 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
How about getting an iPod touch - you can use that for your music, internet surfing and phone (facetime). I don't think smartphones are the way to go either for music.

Let's chat!
Re: Smartphones and music [message #70729 is a reply to message #69786] Mon, 02 January 2012 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GuitarStrings is currently offline  GuitarStrings
Baron
I got myself a smartphone for Christmas with the same issue. I had an iPod anyway so I only use the phone music player if it's currently being charged. It does drain a ton of battery life and even with Juice Defender running, my phone only lasts an average of 5-6 hours. I only use it at home, especially if I'm doing something on the computer and don't want somethin else running during whatever I happen to be doing.

The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.
Jimi Hendrix

Re: Smartphones and music [message #70771 is a reply to message #69786] Tue, 03 January 2012 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbambam718 is currently offline  lilbambam718
Chancellor
I have an iPod touch and a regular, nothing special phone, and I actually like carrying them both around. While having a smartphone would take up less space in my pockets, I wouldn't be able to text and use the apps on my iPod at the same time!
Re: Smartphones and music [message #70777 is a reply to message #69786] Tue, 03 January 2012 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes, I'd rather have a separate mp3 player than try to use my smartphone for music. Actually I don't even have a smartphone, so I guess the point is moot in my case, but I have heard many complaints about battery drainage. Razz
Re: Smartphones and music [message #70795 is a reply to message #70777] Wed, 04 January 2012 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi I have a smart phone, but use a Sony player. It is the size of a credit card and will run for about 30 hours straight before needing to be charged. All the features of the i-stuff and a lot less costly.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Smartphones and music [message #70821 is a reply to message #69786] Thu, 05 January 2012 01:33 Go to previous message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
Cheers for the replies and new ideas. I did look at the app recommended earlier, but in the end decided to get an MP3 player and stick with the phone being a phone. I was hoping I may get something like this for xmas but it didn't happen, so I will have to buy it myself. Mad
Previous Topic: Safe Headphones
Next Topic: CALM Act
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:49:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout