Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » JBL 2226H question: is this right?
Re: JBL 2226H question: is this right? [message #70639 is a reply to message #70638] Mon, 26 December 2011 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

haanjamin wrote on Mon, 26 December 2011 09:44
I had recently taken my bumpbox out of the signal chain to see if my receiver could output a high enough signal to fully drive my EP4000 and never reinstalled it. I had also maxed out the subwoofer trim level when I did that. My MiniDSP was clipping the signal. I took it out of the signal chain and all is well.

Oh, wow, yeah - clipping - that'll do it!

Super glad that's all it was! Easy fix!

So now, when you get your speakers all put together, you should enjoy excellent sound!

What are you running for subs?

Re: JBL 2226H question: is this right? [message #70641 is a reply to message #70639] Mon, 26 December 2011 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haanjamin is currently offline  haanjamin
Esquire
I have 4 sealed MFW 15s and 4 sealed Rockford Fosgate 10s for my theater. The 2 THTs I previously used are sitting in storage but they will be what I use for the New Years party. Is it still looking like Weds or Thurs when I will receive the crossovers?

Thanks
Re: JBL 2226H question: is this right? [message #70642 is a reply to message #70641] Mon, 26 December 2011 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's good. Run a couple subs flanking, and my experience is they are generally best run out of phase with the fours. Just the opposite for threes, but that's a different story. Then run the other subs further away, nearer the opposite wall.
About your crossover order, you should have received tracking information by email. If you did not, contact me privately and I'll send you the tracking number.

Re: JBL 2226H question: is this right? [message #70657 is a reply to message #70602] Wed, 28 December 2011 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haanjamin is currently offline  haanjamin
Esquire
Got the crossovers today and these things sound great and are LOUD! How long (if any) are the compression drivers supposed to break in for? Also, how much longer (if any) should I let the crossover silicone cure for without the drivers installed?

Thanks!
Re: JBL 2226H question: is this right? [message #70658 is a reply to message #70657] Wed, 28 December 2011 16:47 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Compression drivers need no break-in. Some people feel they change over time, and I suppose that may be true, but the traditional suspension break-in isn't really an issue because excursion is so small.

Your silicon may be fully cured by now. It has been over a week. I usually like to see them cure for ten days to two weeks but that's being cautious.

The best way to know when the silicon has cured enough is by smell. If you can smell the silicon, then it is still out-gassing. Wait to install everything until the silicon has no smell.

Previous Topic: The Alpha 10: less filling...sounds great!
Next Topic: mid horn box size?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:52:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout