Home » Audio » General » Gasket Material Recommended by Wayne P. (You can find it at Lowes)
Gasket Material Recommended by Wayne P. [message #70588] Fri, 23 December 2011 00:58 Go to next message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
index.php?t=getfile&id=661&private=0

You just need to ask for Shower Pan Liner. It comes 40 mils thick, and it makes a really tough, flexible, and definitely non-conductive gasket material.

It costs about $20 for two linear feet, and it comes about six feet wide.
You can make a lot of gaskets with that much.

I'm attaching a pic.

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Re: Gasket Material Recommended by Wayne P. [message #70589 is a reply to message #70588] Fri, 23 December 2011 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Thanks, Floyd, this is so much better than using caulk, which makes it all but impossible to remove the drivers.
Re: Gasket Material Recommended by Wayne P. [message #70633 is a reply to message #70589] Sun, 25 December 2011 15:18 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I've used that stuff in the lab for gasket material as well. Works well for a makeshift o-ring. Works very well as a covering for keeping chemicals off of homemade wood stands that may be ruined by acid.
Previous Topic: Loud "BANG" From Speakers
Next Topic: Record Store
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 17:30:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout