Home » xyzzy » Tower » Kindle fire?
Re: Kindle fire? [message #70498 is a reply to message #69936] Sun, 18 December 2011 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
So I went against the Kindle Fire and went with the Nook Tablet. I was talked into it by a co-worker (he works in the IT department). He actually installed something so that I can get books from Amazon or Barnes and Noble. I also get free apps (like a real Android phone). I love it so far!
Re: Kindle fire? [message #70504 is a reply to message #69936] Sun, 18 December 2011 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love4music is currently offline  love4music
Baron
I would love to know what he installed. I was on the fence with a Kindle Fire but after hearing that you can't get apps or anything like that with it- I think I will go with a Nook too. I heard the apps are $3 for the Nook though, so I would love to know what was installed to get them free. Also my friends all have Kindle's so if I can make my Nook read Kindle books that would be great!
Re: Kindle fire? [message #70506 is a reply to message #70504] Sun, 18 December 2011 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There are plenty of apps available for the Kindle Fire. It's an Android device.
Re: Kindle fire? [message #70507 is a reply to message #70504] Sun, 18 December 2011 19:07 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
love4music wrote on Sun, 18 December 2011 16:16
I would love to know what he installed. I was on the fence with a Kindle Fire but after hearing that you can't get apps or anything like that with it- I think I will go with a Nook too. I heard the apps are $3 for the Nook though, so I would love to know what was installed to get them free. Also my friends all have Kindle's so if I can make my Nook read Kindle books that would be great!

Lots of free software to convert book files from one format to another.
Previous Topic: Twitter
Next Topic: "Visionaries Who Changed the World"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:22:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout