Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The Help
The Help [message #70485] Sat, 17 December 2011 17:59 Go to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
Did you watch this movie? The Help - I read the book but have not watched the movie yet. I am trying to get the movie at a Redbox kiosk but it is never there. I hope it's as good as the book.
Re: The Help [message #70492 is a reply to message #70485] Sun, 18 December 2011 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love4music is currently offline  love4music
Baron
We did see this and it was pretty good. The book was better then the movie though. I really wanted the movie to end different than the book (how often does that happen though). I wanted a happy ending for all.
Re: The Help [message #70497 is a reply to message #70485] Sun, 18 December 2011 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
I thought the book was a happy ending for all. I did think it was a little open ended though. I hope the part of the movie that talks about the pie is funny! I had to laugh when I read sections in the book about that!
Re: The Help [message #70667 is a reply to message #70485] Thu, 29 December 2011 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Musicfan is currently offline  Musicfan
Chancellor
I've to got say that I almost stopped watching the movie about 20 minutes in. I wasn't impressed with the use of the N word - I did stick it out and was glad that I did. I found a lot of differences with the movie and the book.
Re: The Help [message #70671 is a reply to message #70485] Thu, 29 December 2011 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NoWomanNoCry is currently offline  NoWomanNoCry
Chancellor
It was a great film. I did not read the book so I can't say if it was faithful to it, but it was very entertaining. Sissy Spacek was fabulous as Missus Walters.
Re: The Help [message #70688 is a reply to message #70485] Fri, 30 December 2011 19:09 Go to previous message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
I've got to agree and say that the movie was fantastic. I was shocked too at how much I liked it. I did not know any of the actors/actresses. I just picked up the book to read. I hope it's as good as the movie.

Let's chat!
Previous Topic: Music Genre That You To Listen To
Next Topic: Sylvester Stallone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 03:18:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers