Home » Audio » Radio » Radio stations in languages other than English
Radio stations in languages other than English [message #70382] Sun, 04 December 2011 20:08 Go to next message
Freddy is currently offline  Freddy
Viscount
I live in a fairly rural region, so I was surprised when I drove by a Portuguese radio station the other day. It made me curious, and apparently there is a sizable Portuguese population in the area. It's funny, I wonder if I ever would've learned this if I didn't see that radio station. Do you have many radio stations broadcasting in other languages where you live?

Re: Radio stations in languages other than English [message #70385 is a reply to message #70382] Sun, 04 December 2011 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I live in Oklahoma. Here and in Texas, there are a lot of Spanish radio stations because of the Mexican population. Don't hear Spanish stations as much north of Kansas and Missouri. Didn't use to hear Spanish stations in Oklahoma either until about ten years ago, but I've always heard them in Texas.

Re: Radio stations in languages other than English [message #70395 is a reply to message #70382] Mon, 05 December 2011 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freddy is currently offline  Freddy
Viscount
Well I live in California, so we also have our share of Spanish radio stations. I would almost find it unusual to live somewhere that didn't have Spanish stations, but I guess that makes sense demographically.

I was a little surprised to see a Portuguese station though. I wonder how many other languages are represented on the radio in America.
Re: Radio stations in languages other than English [message #70402 is a reply to message #70382] Tue, 06 December 2011 14:17 Go to previous message
Express is currently offline  Express
Chancellor
Local radio has a lot of Spanish stations. My XM radio has a few different foreign stations. I like to listen to French stations sometimes because the music is so different.
Previous Topic: Pandora
Next Topic: XM vs Sirius
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:12:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout