Home » Audio » Radio » Pandora
Re: Pandora [message #68592 is a reply to message #64520] Sun, 17 July 2011 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BornThisWay is currently offline  BornThisWay
Chancellor
Pandora's great, it's very handy, and exposes you to so much more music. I started using it several years back and found new groups and songs I began to love. I don't use it regularly now, but I still find times when I want to use it, and it still never fails to please. I don't like dealing with the commercials though, and I also honestly find myself still skipping over some songs, but it's a really good "radio". It's also nice how you can share your station with others, I still have yet to do that though. The like and dislike features of it are useful, too.
Re: Pandora [message #68620 is a reply to message #64520] Mon, 18 July 2011 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I like Pandora as well. Sometimes I have to hit the dislike button a lot before it realizes that just because I like one artist doesn't mean I like the genre in general. Wink
Re: Pandora [message #68629 is a reply to message #64520] Mon, 18 July 2011 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Call me behind the times or what, but I have not yet listened to Pandora, how's it work, any cost?

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Pandora [message #68631 is a reply to message #68629] Tue, 19 July 2011 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BornThisWay is currently offline  BornThisWay
Chancellor
Pandora is free, but there is the option to upgrade to Pandora One. Among the features of Pandora One are the lack of advertisements and, I believe, more room to skip over songs. Free works fine, you can actually feel free to switch channels when you can't skip anymore songs on a particular channel.

Pandora's pretty simple. When you first go to the site, you're asked to type in the name of a song or band/singer you'd like to create a station for; you basically type in a name of a song/artist you like and would like to hear more songs possibly similar to it/its style. Then your station is created and you are pretty much set. Like with a real radio, you can't "rewind" songs or replay them, they just cycle through a queue of songs. I don't think there's ever an "end", it's pretty much an endless entourage of songs for you to listen to. Oh, and you can pause a song at any time and pick back up listening to it whenever, as long as you don't close your browser; if you do, your station is reset (I think), but not the skip limit, I believe.

As said before, you can skip songs, but after awhile you can't skip anymore songs for awhile (you can only skip a number of songs an hour). Oh yeah, and you can Thumbs Up/Like a song you like, which will then be put on a sort of priority list on your station, meaning it'll have a greater chance to be played, more than songs that are not Thumbsed Up. Thumbsing Down/Disliking a song, I think, removes a song from your station, never to be played again. Thumbsing Down counts as a skip, by the way.

Pandora also provides some cool stuff like album art (which I actually have to note is not always accurate lol), lyrics, and a sort of mini biography of the artist of the song.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, I'm quite bad at explaining things. Ask if you have any questions, and here is the FAQ in case you want to look for yourself:

http://blog.pandora.com/faq/

I highly recommend trying Pandora out Smile
Re: Pandora [message #68636 is a reply to message #68631] Tue, 19 July 2011 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Thanks for the explanation. I'll give it a try later today. The explanation was just fine BTW Smile

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Pandora [message #70266 is a reply to message #68636] Wed, 23 November 2011 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Poltroon is currently offline  Poltroon
Chancellor
I think Pandora is awesome. You can turn it on at a party and just let it run! It plays a great variety of music of any genre that you set it to.
Re: Pandora [message #70380 is a reply to message #64520] Sun, 04 December 2011 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Express is currently offline  Express
Chancellor
I paid the money to have Pandora with no ads and more skips and it's great. I have a lot of stations for different purposes. It really is great if you have people over and just want some music in the background.
Re: Pandora [message #70383 is a reply to message #70380] Sun, 04 December 2011 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi,I've been listening to it as well. What was the cost to get rid of the junk?

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Pandora [message #70401 is a reply to message #70383] Tue, 06 December 2011 14:16 Go to previous message
Express is currently offline  Express
Chancellor
gofar99 wrote on Sun, 04 December 2011 20:09
Hi,I've been listening to it as well. What was the cost to get rid of the junk?

I paid $35 and it paid for a subscription for the whole year. I'm so glad that it is a yearly fee and not a monthly fee or else I probably would not have done it.
Previous Topic: Satellite Radio
Next Topic: Radio stations in languages other than English
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:50:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout