Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » My kits arrived (towers)
My kits arrived [message #70051] Mon, 07 November 2011 11:17 Go to next message
Dpend is currently offline  Dpend
Baron
My kits for the towers arrived today.The test fit went pretty well I may need to file one woofer hole open a bit more but the tweeters fit great. So next Question.
What size screws should I look for and what thread size?
Also do I let the crossovers dangle around or do you secure them somehow?
Some people seem to silicone caulk the insides does this improve things.
And one last question of interest.
Who would like to share their first songs they played on their new speakers I'm thinking some Dire Straights Pink Floyd or something with a lot of brass in it. Any suggestions?
Re: My kits arrived [message #70053 is a reply to message #70051] Mon, 07 November 2011 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like using black number 6 pan head screws. Every hardware store in town will have them, but usually not in black. If you can't find them in black, get the standard ones and paint the heads black after installation. That's how I always used to do it before I started buying the ones that already have a black finish.
About the cabinets and crossovers, I usually wire-tie the coil and cap to the cross-brace. If the cabinet panels are cut on a table saw with true edges and assembled with clamps, then you won't have any leaks, and no need to caulk the edges. But if you're unsure that your cabinet is airtight, it won't hurt to add a bead of silicon along the inside edges.

Re: My kits arrived [message #70054 is a reply to message #70053] Mon, 07 November 2011 13:24 Go to previous message
Dpend is currently offline  Dpend
Baron
Thanks Wayne
You're a big help.
Much appreciated.
Previous Topic: 3 Pi plan request
Next Topic: drivers are a couple hours away
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:57:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects