Home » Audio » Home Theater » Home Theatre Placement
Home Theatre Placement [message #69484] Wed, 14 September 2011 12:43 Go to next message
Siren is currently offline  Siren
Chancellor
I have an open floor plan, and it seems I am having trouble setting up a home theater system. Right now, my rear speakers are located on the back far wall. I would like to move the speakers closer, but then they will have to drop down from the ceiling. Anyone have some ideas to help me out?
Re: Home Theatre Placement [message #69912 is a reply to message #69484] Fri, 28 October 2011 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
It sounds like you have a nice sized room for a home theater. Are you asking for alternatives to the speakers dropping from the ceiling? If there is no choice then maybe looking at ways to disguise them is the next step.
Re: Home Theatre Placement [message #69914 is a reply to message #69912] Fri, 28 October 2011 10:35 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm not sure I would mind having the rear surrounds a little bit far away. What's more important to me is that they be pretty diffuse. Not sure I'd want them too close, especially if pointed directly at the listeners. Might draw more attention than they are really designed for. They are mostly there for ambiance, and the occasional pan effect.

I like my front channels to be very directional with a high ratio of direct-to-reflected sound. The surrounds I like just the opposite. In fact, I found that pointing them at a wall and reflected back towards the listeners works great. Point the (side and rear) surrounds so the angle of incidence directs the reflection generally towards the listening area.

Previous Topic: Is Vizio a reliable TV brand?
Next Topic: Thinking about trying the garage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 19:08:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout