Home » Audio » General » Car accident (involving me)
Car accident (involving me) [message #692] Sun, 01 August 2004 04:32 Go to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi everyone

I was involved in a car accident last night, and a good mate of mine passed away in hospital who was in the car with me. He had prior medical conditions and the nurses said if he didnt he would not have died in the accident, a normal man wouldnt have died. But his gone now and I blame myself. The accident involved another car smashing into the side of the vehicle I was driving at around 60-70km/h, into the left hand passengers door side where my mate was sitting. And I walked away with no injury, but my mates passed away. Cant believe this sort of thing can happen.... take care out on the roads guys, you dont wanna have this happen to you.

Adrian

So very sorry to hear of your loss... [message #693 is a reply to message #692] Sun, 01 August 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
But I do have something to tell you.

My mother died a short time ago. She wasn't feeling well for a couple of days and told my brother not to come over and see her - she had the flu and she didn't want him or the grandkids to catch it.

Well, she died suddenly on the third day. My brother thinks it's his fault. Had he gone over (even though they talked on the phone at least 6 times over the two days) he could have done something. But he couldn't - my mother didn't know she was deathly ill, and she wouldn't have gone to a doctor for the flu. In the end, he could not have made any difference.

And in the end, you couldn't have made any difference either. It's not your fault. Feel bad, but don't feel guilty - I've seen how that can really do damage to you and the people around you.

Go be with his family and remember him together. It's the best thing you can do for each other now.

I'm so sorry [message #694 is a reply to message #692] Sun, 01 August 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Adrian,

I'm so sorry to hear that. You must be in shock, saddened and not really believing that it could have happened. All the "what ifs" running around in your mind.

I wish we lived nearer and could hang out. I think you're going to need to surround yourself with good freinds. You've sure been a good guy to know and visit with here.

Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Wayne

Re: Car accident (involving me) [message #695 is a reply to message #692] Mon, 02 August 2004 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi Adrian

Thats such a terrible thing to have to go through. I wish you the best. It's hardest when things happen that are out of our control

Bill

You poor darling! [message #697 is a reply to message #692] Tue, 03 August 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Betti is currently offline  Betti
Esquire
Im sooooo sorry, you sound like a real sweet fella.

Re: Car accident (involving me) [message #699 is a reply to message #692] Tue, 03 August 2004 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Sorry to hear the new Adrian. Hope you make it through this part of the incident okay too.

Gar.

Re: Car accident (involving me) [message #702 is a reply to message #692] Wed, 04 August 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audio Jones is currently offline  Audio Jones
Chancellor
That is terrible news. Sorry for your loss.

Don't blame yourself. Grieve your loss but don't feel shame. This is your friend and you would not have harmed him. It was out of your hands.

Thanks guys [message #708 is a reply to message #692] Thu, 05 August 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I really appreciate your comments. Its nice to know theres a good community on AudioRoundTable who care for each other.

Thanks again.
Adrian

Re: Car accident (involving me) [message #780 is a reply to message #692] Sat, 28 August 2004 10:53 Go to previous message
L.Alter is currently offline  L.Alter
Chancellor
Dear Adrian,

I know I don't know you (too new to the forum to know anyone) but I'd like to offer my warmest thoughts to you at any rate. Coming from a stranger, that might seem strange.

What the other posters say surely sounds sensible and valid. Too bad human nature operates too much 'the other way' and we can't SEE it.

Time is the necessity to sort matters out. Try to recall the last moments together with your buddy.

Yours,

Laurence

Previous Topic: Sennheiser vs. Beyermeister: which is most 'Stax-like'?
Next Topic: Gold Plating - Chassis, Trim, etc.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 06:36:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio