Home » Audio » General » From vinyl to CD
From vinyl to CD [message #69859] Sat, 22 October 2011 20:58 Go to next message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
I am looking out for a record player that will let me record the vinyl music onto CDs. Does anyone have any recommendations for something in the low to middle end price range?
Re: From vinyl to CD [message #69867 is a reply to message #69859] Sun, 23 October 2011 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, A sticky wicket. Confused The presumption is that you want to end up with high quality audio CDs. The problem is that low cost stuff tends to produce low quality results. Rather than buy something, it might be better to borrow something. It depends on if this is a one time or ongoing venture and how many LPs are involved. Off the soapbox now.... One of the more reasonable possibilities is the Music Hall MMF USB-1 turntable. It will do what you want and retails for about $250. You can probably beat that price a little, but watch out for shipping costs. An alternative is to use a non-USB turntable and use software that can directly handle the signal and provide RIAA compensation. This does place more of the burden on the PC sound card. If it is one of the cheap and rather marginal ones, then the results will reflect it. If you have a good sound card then the results can be quite good.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: From vinyl to CD [message #69886 is a reply to message #69867] Tue, 25 October 2011 00:38 Go to previous message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
Hey thanks for the detailed reply. I am pretty sure $250 is within my budget, and I do want a quality result without too much tech know how needed. Thanks again for the lead.
Previous Topic: Wine Glass Used as Musical Instrument
Next Topic: Instruments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:24:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout