Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Walk the line
Walk the line [message #6982] Fri, 21 July 2006 07:16 Go to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, I finally saw it... In one sentence - we followed the way to the glory of Johny Cash, his relationship with singer June Carter, all "blurred" with his psychical and family problems, mostly `cos of pills addiction.
Well, the lovers of 50`s and 60`s r`n`r and country music (and of course, Johny Cash) would probably find more in this movie, but I somehow expected something more interesting.
Yes, Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon were good...but the movie as a whole, IMO, is not that great - solid, but nothing more.

Re: Walk the line [message #6983 is a reply to message #6982] Fri, 21 July 2006 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I really liked it! I am not a fan of country music, but I enjoyed the movie enough to buy the DVD and a few Johnny Cash CDs too.

Re: Walk the line [message #6984 is a reply to message #6982] Fri, 21 July 2006 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
It seems that movies about muscicians never seem to be all that interesting.
I got to see JC and June about two years before he died. He was much better in person than on record. And physically large; he is a big guy; but that wasn't the real site; his band is made up of guys bigger than he is; his bass player looks to go over 300 lbs easy. Now you put them next to June who is about 4'11" and it is a comical site. She looks like a little kid on stage with them. But what a voice; pure as the driven snow.
Cash has a much deeper baritone voice that doesn't come across on recordings; and much more lively and interesting also. I guess he comes from a time when singers had to be good; you couldn't hide in the mix.

Re: Walk the line [message #6985 is a reply to message #6983] Fri, 21 July 2006 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sub-zero is currently offline  sub-zero
Chancellor
Agreed, I thought that it was very well done also. We rented it on NetFlix and watched it just a few weeks ago. Its amazing that Jaquine Phoenix and Reese Eitherspoon both sang their own songs in that movie. I think they did a really great job.

Re: Walk the line [message #6992 is a reply to message #6982] Sat, 22 July 2006 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
I saw this one the other day - I tend to agree, Damir. I DID like the movie, sure, but it wasn't that impressing. Of course Witherspoon & Phoenix were great.

Re: Walk the line [message #7178 is a reply to message #6992] Thu, 21 September 2006 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
destiny is currently offline  destiny
Baron
I didn't think I'd like this one so I didn't bother trying to see it... sounds like it was a good choice.

Re: Walk the line [message #7180 is a reply to message #7178] Thu, 21 September 2006 17:01 Go to previous message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
Well, it's certainly worth a rent, or catching it on some TV-channel at some point.

Previous Topic: Arrrrrrrrrh
Next Topic: iPod Recommendation?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 18:52:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout