Home » Audio » General » Headphones vs Speakers
Headphones vs Speakers [message #69177] Thu, 25 August 2011 03:48 Go to next message
LizardBat is currently offline  LizardBat
Baron
Do you prefer headphones or speakers when working on mixing and mastering? I personally can't stand using headphones, although I will admit, they are the bets option from time to time. I much prefer the liberty and natural listening setting that speakers provide over having something clamped over my head, tying me to my computer. Harsh, I know. Any other speaker fans out there?
Re: Headphones vs Speakers [message #69180 is a reply to message #69177] Thu, 25 August 2011 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, For checking for things like channel balance and background noise the phones win out, for overall presentation speakers are my choice. I will actually have both on line when I do such things and can switch back and forth to verify quality and balance. A danger is that regardless of how good the phones are and how good the speakers are there will be sonic differences and it might lead you to make a flawed mix. I suppose in a general way it makes sense to mix them on whatever the end use will be (speakers vs phones).

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Headphones vs Speakers [message #69787 is a reply to message #69177] Tue, 11 October 2011 21:03 Go to previous message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
I don't mix music, but I definitely prefer speakers over headphones any day. The quality of sound is better and I can play it louder. In day to day life headphones are convenient but a bit dangerous if driving or riding a bike.
Previous Topic: Houston Audio Society - October 8th Meeting
Next Topic: Wine Glass Used as Musical Instrument
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 19:40:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout