Home » Audio » General » Other than the piano, what is your favorite keyboard instrument?
Other than the piano, what is your favorite keyboard instrument? [message #69730] Thu, 06 October 2011 01:09 Go to next message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
I like to play the piano sometimes, it was the first instrument I learned. When it comes to listening to classical music though, I really prefer the sound of a pipe organ. There are some amazing harpsichord pieces out there too. Besides the piano, do you like the sound of other keyboard instruments?
Re: Other than the piano, what is your favorite keyboard instrument? [message #69739 is a reply to message #69730] Fri, 07 October 2011 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I used to play the organ, but you don't see it much in music bands anymore. And I didn't want to play in a church choir, either....
Re: Other than the piano, what is your favorite keyboard instrument? [message #69742 is a reply to message #69730] Fri, 07 October 2011 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I really like organs as well; their sound is wonderful. Harpsichords are neat to hear too, although I've never gotten to play around on one.
Re: Other than the piano, what is your favorite keyboard instrument? [message #69744 is a reply to message #69742] Fri, 07 October 2011 10:46 Go to previous message
Christy is currently offline  Christy
Chancellor
Organs, do sound really nice. I have seen bands use a stand up bass, and cello. Some band needs to bring the organ, back to music. Do they make small organs? My guess, is that nobody wants to lug a big organ, around to gigs.
Previous Topic: Time Spent Listening
Next Topic: Houston Audio Society - October 8th Meeting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:50:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout