Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Barry Manilow/ Killer Music
Barry Manilow/ Killer Music [message #6971] Tue, 18 July 2006 08:33 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Article in the paper today;
"The local council in Rockdale Australia started a sixth month trial of high-volume hits by Barry Manilow to chase away car enthusiasts who were gathering on weekend nights at Cook Park Preserve.
'Barry's our secret weapon', deputy mayor Bill Saravinovsky said. 'It seems to be working.'
However some people living near the park are less than enthralled. They say the barrage of " Copacobana", Could it Be Magic", "Que Sara,Sara" and other hits, blasting from 9 pm until midnight is driving them crazy."

They should try listening to Nora Jones for six hours every Friday,Saturday and Sunday. That would empty a place real quick.
"Come Awaaaay; With me." No Thanks.

Re: Barry Manilow/ Killer Music [message #6973 is a reply to message #6971] Tue, 18 July 2006 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh my God, that's funny. Can you imagine a duet with Nora and Barry? Sounds like something off a bad episode of "Love Boat" or something.

Re: Car Wash [message #6974 is a reply to message #6973] Tue, 18 July 2006 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
There was a scene in the original car wash movie where the manager decided he was sick of all that soul music on the PA; so he switched the radio station to some sort of Montavoni. As soon as they realised what he'd done all the workers began to move in Slooooow Mooootiaaan....
very funny scene.
I don't know what that has to do with this thread; but I really liked that movie so I weaseled it in.

Re: Car Wash [message #6978 is a reply to message #6974] Thu, 20 July 2006 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
I pride myself of having seen the original "Car Wash" movie in the cinema back in the day...

Re: Car Wash [message #6979 is a reply to message #6978] Thu, 20 July 2006 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yep; it has a deeply socialogical import. I learned much from the study of their behaviours in the Car Wash;
"The Fly, Flies Again!"

Re: Car Wash [message #7014 is a reply to message #6979] Sat, 05 August 2006 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matefork is currently offline  matefork
Viscount
I also saw that one way, way back when I was in high school. We thought it was a good movie but couldn't understand it because our English were very poor at tha time.

Re: Car Wash [message #7041 is a reply to message #7014] Tue, 08 August 2006 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You needed to speak ebonics to understand it.

Re: Barry Manilow/ Killer Music [message #7220 is a reply to message #6971] Wed, 25 October 2006 13:20 Go to previous message
destiny is currently offline  destiny
Baron
Before I logged into the forum a while ago, I realized that I was humming I Write the Songs. A little spooky that I start reading and see Manilow's name right away. I guess that stuff sticks with ya!

Previous Topic: Old Movies?
Next Topic: The CD is dead. Long live the CD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 02:56:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout