Home » Audio » General » Houston Audio Society - October 8th Meeting
Houston Audio Society - October 8th Meeting [message #69600] Sat, 24 September 2011 16:17 Go to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Our next meeting is Saturday, October 8th, 7:00-10:00 PM at a member's home. This is our first ever evening meeting, and participants are invited to bring their significant other, and a bottle of wine if you would like. The meeting topic is "The Room". Our host, who is an architect by profession, will discuss and show his newly built audio room and demonstrate his vinyl setup.

I visited the house during construction, and the room is spectacular, with a curved wood barrel-vaulted ceiling. Visitors are always welcome at our meetings. See our yahoo group page for meeting information and directions: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/houstonaudio/
Re: Houston Audio Society - October 8th Meeting [message #69607 is a reply to message #69600] Sun, 25 September 2011 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Fred, Can you post some photos of his room? I would ask that you send a car to pick me up and take me to the meeting Rolling Eyes but it is longer than I want to sit down on the ride. Smile

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Houston Audio Society - October 8th Meeting [message #69610 is a reply to message #69607] Sun, 25 September 2011 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
gofar99 wrote on Sun, 25 September 2011 10:44
I would ask that you send a car to pick me up and take me to the meeting Rolling Eyes but it is longer than I want to sit down on the ride. Smile

If I had one of these I would send it to get you, but I don't. Poverty sucks. Mach 0.925 at 51,000 feet shouldn't be too uncomfortable.

index.php?t=getfile&id=599&private=0
Re: Houston Audio Society - October 8th Meeting [message #69612 is a reply to message #69600] Sun, 25 September 2011 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Yes Fred, please do take pics and post your thoughts. We who live in the desert of audio want to see!!!!
Re: Houston Audio Society - October 8th Meeting [message #69613 is a reply to message #69610] Sun, 25 September 2011 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I would be sure to come. Very Happy I'm starting to gear up for LSAF already. Are you going to be able to attend? I'm trying to see if a pair of Martin Logan Vistas can be safely stowed in the Forester. I think so. They are a lot studier than you might expect. A sub would be nice too, but then too much real gear would have to stay home. I should have production versions of the KT120 mono blocks and the phono preamp by that time plus all the goodies from last time. I believe the Dual 701 turntable will do the honors this time as it mates well with several cartridges and the interchangeable head shells are real plus.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Houston Audio Society - October 8th Meeting [message #69705 is a reply to message #69600] Wed, 05 October 2011 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
That sounds like a lot of fun. Too bad I'm not in the Houston area. Do you know if there are any similar meetings in the Atlanta, Georgia area?
Re: Houston Audio Society - October 8th Meeting [message #69764 is a reply to message #69705] Sun, 09 October 2011 09:02 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
DJ Dave wrote on Wed, 05 October 2011 06:51
That sounds like a lot of fun. Too bad I'm not in the Houston area. Do you know if there are any similar meetings in the Atlanta, Georgia area?

http://www.mindspring.com/~chucksaudiohome/index.html
Previous Topic: Other than the piano, what is your favorite keyboard instrument?
Next Topic: Headphones vs Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 16:23:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout