Home » Audio » General » Music Editing
Music Editing [message #69501] Thu, 15 September 2011 13:05 Go to next message
Christy is currently offline  Christy
Chancellor
I thought it might be fun to play around with my friends guitar, and me singing. I want to be able to edit the music, and possibly add things, like a drumbeat. Anyone know of some, possibly cheap, editing software for my laptop?
Re: Music Editing [message #69502 is a reply to message #69501] Fri, 16 September 2011 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You could always try Audacity; it's free. Make sure your laptop has a decent processor speed, sound card, and amount of RAM.

Here is the link: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Re: Music Editing [message #69506 is a reply to message #69502] Fri, 16 September 2011 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christy is currently offline  Christy
Chancellor
Thanks, I will have to check that out. Would it be better to just download on my pc? I am still open to more suggestions, just in case I do not like Audacity.
Re: Music Editing [message #69510 is a reply to message #69506] Fri, 16 September 2011 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Siren is currently offline  Siren
Chancellor
My cousin has something called Sonar, on his pc. He records his band, and adds all kinds of cool things to the music. I think Sonar might be expensive, so I guess it really depends on if you want to spend money or not.
Re: Music Editing [message #69525 is a reply to message #69510] Sat, 17 September 2011 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Search the web site TUCOWS. They have been around for quite some time and always seem to have what I need. They have a considerable library and things are arranged well. Much freeware, some shareware etc. They also list how well everyone liked the programs.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Music Editing [message #70364 is a reply to message #69525] Sat, 03 December 2011 06:36 Go to previous message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I use Audacity, too. It is really easy to use and has a lot of features. If it's done right, no one will know that you don't have a band there, playing along with you.
Previous Topic: erratic cycling
Next Topic: Bloated Car Bass
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:22:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout