Home » Audio » Home Theater » Screen versus Wall
Screen versus Wall [message #68892] Sun, 07 August 2011 18:43 Go to next message
Ebirah01 is currently offline  Ebirah01
Chancellor

I'm currently projecting my XBox and computer (and DVD player)onto a wall in my living room. The wall is ever so slightly yellow and although I have adjusted my projector's colour scheme to have reduced yellow and increase the contrast a little, I still feel the wall absorbs a little too much of the other colours, making the visuals slightly dull. Would getting a reflector screen or painting the wall with screen paint help out enough, or do I just need a new projector (even though, this one is pretty new and in good shape)?
Re: Screen versus Wall [message #68938 is a reply to message #68892] Tue, 09 August 2011 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I would try a white screen first. A new projector is more expensive and since yours isn't that old, it seems like a waste to replace it already. If the screen doesn't fix the color problem, though, you may have to.
Re: Screen versus Wall [message #68947 is a reply to message #68892] Tue, 09 August 2011 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LizardBat is currently offline  LizardBat
Baron
Test it out with a white sheet. It doesn't sound like it's the projector. If that helps out, then get a reflector screen and you should be set.
Re: Screen versus Wall [message #69017 is a reply to message #68892] Sun, 14 August 2011 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hannah is currently offline  Hannah
Chancellor
I would go with painting the wall. I think the wall doesn't absorb the light emitted to it but the color of the wall the reflects the light back to your eyes. Paint the wall with the color of the screen and I think you will have the same result.
Re: Screen versus Wall [message #69465 is a reply to message #69017] Mon, 12 September 2011 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christy is currently offline  Christy
Chancellor
I would not buy a new projector, if the one you have is in working order. I would buy a reflector screen. Painting the wall sounds okay, but I think a reflector screen could better tell you if your projector is not good enough.
Re: Screen versus Wall [message #69469 is a reply to message #68892] Tue, 13 September 2011 08:48 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Did you ever paint the wall or get a screen? How did it turn out? I'm almost positive the problem was the wall, not the projector, but I am curious.
Previous Topic: Home Theater System With Central Control Console?
Next Topic: LED Projector
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:37:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout