Home » Audio » General » Tablet Speakers
Tablet Speakers [message #69381] Wed, 07 September 2011 20:48 Go to next message
DinosaurDance is currently offline  DinosaurDance
Chancellor
Do tablets have speakers or headphone jacks so you can listen to music on them? I assume they would, but am not certain, nor am I sure if they'd sound good.
Re: Tablet Speakers [message #69389 is a reply to message #69381] Thu, 08 September 2011 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
I don't have a tablet, but I know people who do have one. From what I have seen, most of the newer tablets do have a head phone jack on them. The sound quality of the speakers (without head phones) is decent actually.
Re: Tablet Speakers [message #69396 is a reply to message #69389] Thu, 08 September 2011 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DinosaurDance is currently offline  DinosaurDance
Chancellor
That's actually a little surprising; it seems that manufacturers often sacrifice audio quality for portability and convenience. Still, I'm certainly not going to complain if they exceed expectations.
Re: Tablet Speakers [message #69439 is a reply to message #69396] Sat, 10 September 2011 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
I would really hope it's decent! I mean they already gave up on USB ports so there must be something about tablets that make it better than netbooks aside from the lack of a keyboard...
Re: Tablet Speakers [message #69461 is a reply to message #69439] Mon, 12 September 2011 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Tablets don't have USB ports? I thought they did. How are you supposed to transfer data? Do you just use email attachments? That would be unwieldy for large files.
Re: Tablet Speakers [message #69463 is a reply to message #69461] Mon, 12 September 2011 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christy is currently offline  Christy
Chancellor
Tablets do have headphone jacks. The Newpad Android tablet even includes two headphone jack, supposedly for couples. I think it would be dumb if the makers of tablets did not include earphone jacks. Tablets are suppose to be more portable, and people around you don't want to hear what your listening to.
Re: Tablet Speakers [message #70290 is a reply to message #69381] Fri, 25 November 2011 11:53 Go to previous message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
You can buy speakers that can actually make your tablet pretty loud. But the built-in speakers only really make enough sound for your personal listening enjoyment.
Previous Topic: Digital Sampling Question
Next Topic: Favorite Audio Gadget Sites
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:09:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout