Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne......Ive heard 6 Pi's
Wayne......Ive heard 6 Pi's [message #69458] Sun, 11 September 2011 21:15 Go to next message
sippy is currently offline  sippy
Esquire
This weekend i stayed with a cycleing family, was going to ride in an event that was called off due to high winds, not a good thing with an 800mile round trip.

The household dining room doubled as a listening room and is home to a rather nice setup, Marantz Cd17, passive pre, Quad 2's and a pair of 6Pi's.

Ive listened to plenty of HiFi since i became addicted, some ive been very 'whats the fuss about' and other stuff 'ive just gotta win the lottery NOW' (we all know how that one goes!) ect.
I think the only thing i can say about what i heard was a softness of the quads in the upper end, something I noticed when i had a pair on loan and the Marantz cd spinner family sound (i own a 63KI sig)......
The 6 Pi's are simply the first diy-able 'speakers ive heard that do the 'listen through' / 'disappearing act', i dunno what else i can say without writeing a review, other than WOW! and i dont like what i hear from these bloomy boxes i have.

I expect to get the drivers / horns for the 8Pi's this week but....um....i dont want entry level, i doubt i'd be dissapointed with them but after the 6 experiance, would you be so generous and send the plans please?

Re: Wayne......Ive heard 6 Pi's [message #69459 is a reply to message #69458] Sun, 11 September 2011 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sippy is currently offline  sippy
Esquire
I forgot my email addy: tunnel_bunny02@yahoo.com

thanks in advance
Re: Wayne......Ive heard 6 Pi's [message #69460 is a reply to message #69459] Mon, 12 September 2011 07:53 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

Previous Topic: Been learnin' about crossovers
Next Topic: 2 PI Towers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:36:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio