Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Test / Practice Recordings
Test / Practice Recordings [message #69205] Sat, 27 August 2011 05:55 Go to next message
LizardBat is currently offline  LizardBat
Baron
Do many of you have a tes run of your recording sessions before the artist arrives to set up? I am sure that all of you test your equipment and have a quick check before a musician starts recording for real. What I'm asking is do you practice using your equipment before a session by simulating what they may bring and trying out different stuff, so that when they get there, you have a good idea of with what you should start? I have started spending a lot of time doing this and it does seem to be helpful, but it takes a load of time that I don't always have. Anyone else do this?
Re: Test / Practice Recordings [message #69233 is a reply to message #69205] Mon, 29 August 2011 10:43 Go to previous message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I don't do that. I set up anything I can (which really isn't much until the gear gets there) but I don't have the time to set up and test my own stuff, then tear it down before setting up the actual session.
Previous Topic: MIDI
Next Topic: Recording Banjo/Cumbus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:39:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout