Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi8 plans
Pi8 plans [message #69056] Wed, 17 August 2011 23:43 Go to next message
sippy is currently offline  sippy
Esquire
Hello all,
I followed a link from another thread and........well, these speakers press some buttons.
Would it be possible to obtain the plans for the pi8?
I'm also gathering bits for a rear loaded full range horn desighn (fostex driver)and a Pass DIY amp for them, single ended being ideal in the case of the fostex driver but what about 8's?
My email is: tunnel_bunny02@yahoo.com
Re: Pi8 plans [message #69063 is a reply to message #69056] Thu, 18 August 2011 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

Re: Pi8 plans [message #69078 is a reply to message #69063] Fri, 19 August 2011 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sippy is currently offline  sippy
Esquire
Thanks for the plans Wayne....... your email answered a few questions.
But i have a few more.......
After a quick search online i found the alpha10's can be bought in pairs for silly cheap money while the compression drivers are about what i expected.

So........ Are the h.f. horns an 'off the shelf' item or a 'custom' item exclusive to Pi?
The cross over notes say some desighns have zobel woofer dampers, are these applicable to this desighn?

Would it be possible to purchase the H.F. horns and Xover boards / zobel dampers as part of a 'short kit'?

Being a UK resident, i would guess that shipping the full pair parts kit could be pricey, takeing in the factors of: i purchaced a cycle frame recently and had to pay import AND 20% tax on the cost of the frame and duty! NOT funny when i found out that i could get the same frame from a UK based seller for 3/4 the price..........
Re: Pi8 plans [message #69082 is a reply to message #69078] Fri, 19 August 2011 07:55 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The compression driver is either the Eminence PSD2002 or B&C DE250. We don't sell partial kits but we do sell crossovers and flat-pack kits for the midhorn. Most people overseas just buy the crossovers and source the drivers locally. That seems to be the most cost effective way to do it.

Previous Topic: 4Pi Speaker Plans request
Next Topic: Information about Pi Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 13:04:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout