Home » Audio » General » Loud Headphones
Loud Headphones [message #69015] Sun, 14 August 2011 21:09 Go to next message
Hannah is currently offline  Hannah
Chancellor
I was irritated today by a guy who have a very loud headphone on the bus station. I couldn't understand why he have to set the volume to its maximum in order to enjoy his music. I don't if he is deaf or just a guy who wants an attention.
Re: Loud Headphones [message #69098 is a reply to message #69015] Sat, 20 August 2011 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moviegeek is currently offline  moviegeek
Chancellor
I feel your pain. Sad

It's the same thing with guys who drive around with super powerful audio systems in their cars set to the maximum volume. You can practically hear them coming from a block away!

Yes, maybe they're audio connoisseurs but still there's no reason to impose their music on others like this.
Re: Loud Headphones [message #69137 is a reply to message #69015] Tue, 23 August 2011 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LizardBat is currently offline  LizardBat
Baron
Preach it Hannah! I hate having to hear other folks music on the bus or train when we all know they can turn it down and still hear it just fine. I do wonder sometimes if it is just a bad set of headphones and the bleed is horrible or if they are not situated in the person's ears properly, but still, I cannot stand loud music on public transport!
Re: Loud Headphones [message #69143 is a reply to message #69137] Tue, 23 August 2011 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, No they are just self centered jerks. Also likely to be deaf in a few years. If you like music.... you must protect your ears. Smile

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Loud Headphones [message #69191 is a reply to message #69015] Fri, 26 August 2011 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hannah is currently offline  Hannah
Chancellor
Thanks for the support guys. Can we report this to police as disturbing the public? If we can report our neighbors having loud speakers then I guess we can do that if people do this on public.
Re: Loud Headphones [message #69264 is a reply to message #69191] Thu, 01 September 2011 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Well you could try reporting it, but the police will probably just laugh in your face. So many popular headphones have terrible isolation, so the users turn the volume way up to hear the music over ambient noise.
Re: Loud Headphones [message #70303 is a reply to message #69098] Sat, 26 November 2011 11:09 Go to previous message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I remember being told to turn my music down by a passenger once. I was young then and felt actually insulted. I felt as if most people are not really bothered by it, they just wanted something to complain about.
Previous Topic: Westminster Abbey Organ
Next Topic: erratic cycling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:13:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout