Home » Audio » General » Houston Audio Society - August Activities
Houston Audio Society - August Activities [message #68798] Sun, 31 July 2011 14:10
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Members of the Houston Audio Society are planning two events for August.

On Sunday, August 7th, I'm hosting a Selah Audio listening session at my house in the Northwest suburbs. In the session Rick Craig will provide two components that most Audiophiles have heard about but haven't experienced personally. The first is a pair of convex curved front line array speakers. The second is the use of a DEQX Express as a dac, processor, active crossover and preamp. Each speaker will have its own dedicated two-channel amplifier. This event starts at 2:00 and ends whenever. Everybody is invited and no RSVP is required - just show up, preferably between 1:30 and 4:00. I'm hoping a few of my DFW and San Antonio friends will carpool to Houston for this one. See the Selah Audio Circle for directions. http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=97078.0

The second August event is our regular monthly meeting, which will be held on Saturday, August 13th, from 10AM-noon, at Sound World, 9788 Bellaire Blvd., Suite C. Phone number: 713-778-9120. The first hour will be a discussion of the recording industry led by Chris Reynolds, a college senior who is majoring in that subject. The second hour will be by Sound World on vinyl playback. You can bring your lps to this part and after learning about the latest equipment at Sound World, you can play your vinyl. As always, those who wish, can go to lunch at noon and even go back to the store to continue listening to vinyl.
http://www.soundworldaudio.com/index.html
Previous Topic: Wireless TV Listening Headphones
Next Topic: Music Lessons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 20:12:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers