Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Da Vinci Code
Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6847 is a reply to message #6844] Sun, 21 May 2006 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Geez; I can't read that much stuff about male members. I get queasy. Don't let my words fool you; I said I don't care what people are; but that don't mean I plan on trying it out.
One man one woman; thats the rule. No two of the same belong together in my book. But I don't hate anybody, live and let live. You don't bother me; I don't bother you.
But that song is a little too much for me. I would poke a hole in my own eardrum if I had to listen to that.

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6848 is a reply to message #6847] Sun, 21 May 2006 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It was about `83. or so, large party and a new hit plays "Do you really want to hurt me". One friend of mine drank a little and said:"What, Boy George and a Culture Club? What culture? Just the homo-junkies, as I can see it...and this song is probably about his butt...and his black drummer friend and his..."
Wow- you can guess the reactions, everyone hates him `cos of these words...you know, this is nice love song, and you are cinical, etc.
Years passed, and I read the interview with this Boy George...after another drug/police scandal. He talked about this song...and said that it`s dedicated to his drummer lover, they went through very wild things then, rough sex + drugs...

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6850 is a reply to message #6848] Sun, 21 May 2006 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I never did like that song. Even drunk.
But what I don't get about this post is; how did your friend know so much about Boy George?

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6853 is a reply to message #6850] Sun, 21 May 2006 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Common sense - he is a very bright/lucid (although "crazy"), "fox"-style; + life experience, street/job. His nickname is "Rat"...used to play a Gibson LP back then...

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6855 is a reply to message #6845] Sun, 21 May 2006 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

When I say "it's interesting to contemplate what really happened", I mean in all things. In this case, I'm thinking about the nature of the relationship of Jesus and Mary. It's interesting to ponder whether or not they might have been close, even married, and whether or not they may even have had children. Whatever the truth is, I'd like to know, just for curiosity's sake. To know the truth will help one to better understand things. But it's not limited to that. Like I said, another one was the issue of Galileo confirming that the Sun is the center of our Solar System. That was fact, and knowing it helped a person to better understand the movements of the bodies in the heavens. This is a part of God, in my opinion, so to understand it better is to better know God. It's a shame for the Catholic Church to have tried to silence that for so long. After all, they were seeking the same thing: The Truth.

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6857 is a reply to message #6855] Sun, 21 May 2006 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hmm..I see what you are saying; however I am not so sure the Catholic Church is seeking the truth. Now I am not Catholic; but from what I see they are seeking to perpetuate a society subject to their rules and philosophy. I believe they are more about politics in the broad sense of defining rules and structures of life than any kind of genuine spiritual quest. Thats why they feel so threatened at this kind of thing. I am sure there are real truth seekers amongst their ranks but i don't believe they are strictly about the spiritual dedication; truth is I think they believe they have a lock on the truth already; so to suggest they are somehow actively seeking this truth amounts to blasphemy in their eyes.
But again this is from someone who is not educated or knowlegable concerning these things. However it is interesting to follow the story that informs the great religions. The real conundrum for me is the whole anti-woman thing. I can't get past that. How can you be a spiritual seeker of truth and have such a deviant set of notions. That goes for the Bhuddist/Hindu/Christian/Moslem etc etc. What is that all about? Even Bhudda; the most compassionate of the great seers negated the female in mankind. Very strange if you ask me. It sort of divides anything of any value they offer into something less than perfect or even good. And that is what seems to me to be at the crux of this whole controversy. Why would it be such a terrible thing if Jesus had a wife anyway?
I'm baffled by all of this.
But I do see the enjoyment at the thought of realising what happened; it is the greatest of mysteries. And I know many of the finest minds of our culture have wrangled over these issues ceaselessly; minds far more capable than mine. My primitive understanding of the meaning behind these things is obvious. And as my son tells me, the mystery is not for us to know but to believe. He's a pretty devout Catholic; who woulda thunk it!

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6858 is a reply to message #6853] Sun, 21 May 2006 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hmm..so he was able to use his intellect to decide that Boy George was gay?
What does Fox style; you mean crazy like a fox?

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6859 is a reply to message #6858] Sun, 21 May 2006 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Did you notice that this conversation has less and less sense?

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6860 is a reply to message #6857] Sun, 21 May 2006 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, that`s it - all that blablah with "texts from pots", all that speculations from various sects, collected in one book and one movie have the one main reason - the attack on Catholic church.

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6862 is a reply to message #6860] Sun, 21 May 2006 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I always figured he just wanted to make a buck. Because of the huge numbers of religous people he knows he has a built in audience of millions. Garraunteed income.
Why else would he write a book and then someone else make a movie? For a good payday.
BTW the opening gross for this weekend looks like 80 million dollars or better. Pretty good incentive to make a movie; that kind of money.

Previous Topic: Beatle CD'S
Next Topic: Turtles can fly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 04:34:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout