Home » Audio » General » Time to set up the new room!
Re: Time to set up the new room! [message #67810 is a reply to message #67742] Mon, 23 May 2011 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Hi Colin! Yes, I've tried toe in, flat, pulled into the room, pushed back, etc. What I tried with good results this weekend was simply to use smaller speakers. I may end up going that route, it really gave better image depth and I could bring them out from the front wall a bit more.
Re: Time to set up the new room! [message #68546 is a reply to message #67810] Tue, 12 July 2011 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
SteveBrown wrote on Mon, 23 May 2011 13:44
What I tried with good results this weekend was simply to use smaller speakers. I may end up going that route, it really gave better image depth and I could bring them out from the front wall a bit more.

Steve,

Well if you did not move so far away from me it would be easier to help you out!

My 12' x 16' livingroom works out pretty good, but the big thing is to get a good synergy between your spkrs and amp!

I doubt that there is too much damping in your room, just need to maybe swap the amps or spkrs to see which give the best results in your new audio room.

Send me a round-trip plane ticket and I'll fix your problem!!! LOL

Regards, Ron
Re: Time to set up the new room! [message #68563 is a reply to message #68546] Fri, 15 July 2011 17:52 Go to previous message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Ron, thanks for the advice and the offer to get yuou a ticket.. Laughing I think I've got it fairly well dialed in now but using smaller speakers on top of subs. The speakers are vintage Lafayette (very high eff) SK-128's with a helper tweeter in a vented cabinet. I have no idea what the right cabinet should be since I don't have a woofer tester, they're just stilling in a cabinet I had laying around (about 1 cu ft). I could probably optimize this and even get rid of the subs. The speakers go to about 70hz as is. Being a 60's design I'd guess they need a bigger cabinet. They are 8". Maybe time to invest in a tester?
Previous Topic: BET Awards
Next Topic: Wireless TV Listening Headphones
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:30:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout