Home » Audio » Radio » Boombox
Boombox [message #67738] Thu, 19 May 2011 11:04 Go to next message
Roxie is currently offline  Roxie
Baron
Do you remember your first boombox? I remember that I was one of the last ones to get one because my parents nor I were able to afford one. After the first one, I had a few others especially when the prices came down and I had a real job.

I never thought of them again after I got my iPod. However, I just read that there are some new boomboxes that have in-built cameras. I can't imagine how does this work. Does anybody here have one?
Re: Boombox [message #68306 is a reply to message #67738] Wed, 22 June 2011 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jolene is currently offline  Jolene
Chancellor
I think I still have my first boombox! No, not really, that one was a lot bigger. But the AIWA I have is at least 20 years old. It has a cassette and cd player! It still works just fine.
Re: Boombox [message #68313 is a reply to message #67738] Thu, 23 June 2011 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
My first boombox was a cheap pink Panasonic with radio and a single cassette player. It held up pretty well to a kid's abuse, all things considered.
Re: Boombox [message #68410 is a reply to message #67738] Fri, 01 July 2011 07:34 Go to previous message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I went through several boomboxes back in the day, that's for sure, none of which I still have today. I remember one time when some friends and I spotted a metal grate out in a lake - most likely to help keep the lake water from rising. We decided to swim out to it and party on it! We managed to swim and carry a boombox, a barbecue grill, food and drinks out to it and just partied and danced all day long! People at the lakeside just watched us and thought we were crazy!
Previous Topic: Radio Stations Frequency Changes
Next Topic: Stitcher Radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 23:00:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout