Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Da Vinci Code
Re: Amelie rocked [message #6831 is a reply to message #6788] Sat, 20 May 2006 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lon is currently offline  lon
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The latest pairing of Jean Pierre Jeunet and Audrey Tautou
called A Very Long Engagement has a deceptively simple title
for a masterful storytelling. Recommended.

Haven't seen Da Vinci Code and may never cuz I'm
not into all that.

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6835 is a reply to message #6825] Sun, 21 May 2006 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

This must be the earlier post you are referring to:

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6837 is a reply to message #6829] Sun, 21 May 2006 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Last year, I mentioned that I read again (after 25 years) "Swann`s Way", and a friend of mine said:"One of the writers, whose sensitivity and inspiration disclosed in the end like pure homosexuality"...he started to count, and if I remember correctly he mentioned T. Mann, too...

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6839 is a reply to message #6835] Sun, 21 May 2006 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I'm not sure because in this thread nothing is mentioned about the Niceen Creed and I know I read that in here.
Looks like almost the same thread we have going now. I; as I said read a good article in Harpers written by a Biblical Scholar that explained the differences between the Thomas books and how the approach shifted when the church discarded that book in favor of others. I wish I had it becuase he describes in detail exactly what those differences were and why he thinks they were chosen. Something to do with interpretation of some of the teachings. I do remmember that according to that book Jesus was more of a real man and not so much a diety. And women were not relegated to second class status as they are in the current texts. Thats one part of this whole thing I have trouble with; why women in the Bible are either whores or virgins but never just people. What is this whole anti-women thing in the three big faiths?
Reading that post I realise I miss Dave; a voice of reason. Ever hear from him?

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6840 is a reply to message #6837] Sun, 21 May 2006 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I wouldn't doubt it. It is probably true that many of the writers from those times were of that ilk. But I never look at the artist; I only look at the art. If you study who makes art; music/painting/sculpture/literature/ you would probably be unable to ever read or watch anything ever again. I mean after the sex scandals in the Catholic church you could never be Catholic again if you worried about that.
I just look at the message not the messenger. Lots of folks say Hemmingway was Gay; so go figure. I still love "The Sun Also Rises." And "A Farewell To Arms."
And look at Picasso; what a creep; but I like his art.

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6841 is a reply to message #6840] Sun, 21 May 2006 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Art = Gay?
About Hemmingway - all that macho BS + drinking problem, etc. - like he really tried to prove he`s a "real" man...
And those "priests" and "teachers"...some says that opportunity makes a thief?! (Never in the case of moral and normal man - IMO). But probably those "patients" choose professions in "harmony" with their aspirations?!

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6842 is a reply to message #6841] Sun, 21 May 2006 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I can go on about Hemmingway. The reason people disrespect his art is due to the posturing he engaged in. But who of us can say they are any better? At least he accomplished things in life and took chances. And while some of his writing is weak; a lot of it is bordering on true genious. One of the few. Anyway I see a lot of posturing going on all over; even in audio forums.
"Opportunity makes the thief??" I hope you don't mean those little kids the priests molested brought it on themselves?
As far as artists being gay; yes there are gay artists; and many of the writers from that era were. So?
The work is still good and insightfull.
You know I don't really care what someone is; I only care what they think. Long as you have your mind right; then all is well.
But I still wouldn't let my son join the Boy Scouts.

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6843 is a reply to message #6839] Sun, 21 May 2006 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's the point of the controversy. I think it's interesting to contemplate what really happened. One thing I've always thought is that the truth is an expression of God, so to mistake the truth is to misunderstand the will of God. So in other words, when the Vatican punished Galileo, they saw God less clearly than he.

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6844 is a reply to message #6842] Sun, 21 May 2006 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Let me finish this wonderful theme with the artists I really like...
It`s a song (that follow a little cartoon) in the end of "The Great r`n`r Swindle" movie...

Re: Da Vinci Code [message #6845 is a reply to message #6843] Sun, 21 May 2006 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Do you mean what really happened at the conference of Niceea? That truth? Did I spell Niceea correctly?
I'm not sure I follow exactly what you are saying. Do you mean truth in the absolute sense or truth regarding what body of people and who made the descisions too toss some of the gospels while keeping others?
Thats what the disagreement is all about on the Code movie; right?

Previous Topic: Beatle CD'S
Next Topic: Turtles can fly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 09:29:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout