Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Stands for 2pi and 1Pi
Stands for 2pi and 1Pi [message #68325] Thu, 23 June 2011 22:42 Go to next message
justphil is currently offline  justphil
Viscount
I am going to be building some stands and was wondering if ay can give me dimensional ideas =)
Should the base and the Top be the same size as the speaker? Wouldn't you want to widen it out a bit?

Best material to attach speaker to stand with?

Does height matter?
I believe you don't want the tweeter above ear height yes?
Or is a shorter stand with a slight tilt more effective?

Thanks for any and all help,
Phil

Re: Stands for 2pi and 1Pi [message #68328 is a reply to message #68325] Fri, 24 June 2011 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't usually put my one π or two π speakers on stands. They always seem to end up on bookshelves or mounted to the wall. But there's no reason they can't be put on stands. They're light, so you'll have less problems with stability than larger speakers. When I have stands made, I like to have the platform (both upper and lower) be about 75% the same size as the speaker cabinet dimensions. Like say, a box that's 20" x 14", make the base 15" x 10" or so. You'll need to find a way to secure the speaker, which can be as simple as a back "lip" if the stand is angled back. I also like using rubber feet or a non-slip pad. In your case, the smaller speakers are light enough I might not worry about cradling them (i.e., with a "lip"), and instead, might just attach them with Velcro and/or rubber non-slip feet or pad.

Re: Stands for 2pi and 1Pi [message #68333 is a reply to message #68328] Fri, 24 June 2011 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justphil is currently offline  justphil
Viscount
Thanks Wayne.
You say mounted to the wall. Are they better close to a wall or certain room boundry?
Phil
Re: Stands for 2pi and 1Pi [message #68335 is a reply to message #68333] Fri, 24 June 2011 21:52 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

All my speakers like to be near boundaries.

Previous Topic: Looking for a video
Next Topic: 3 Pi plans please and a Question or two
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 04:56:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout