Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Death Metal
Death Metal [message #68230] Sat, 18 June 2011 07:51 Go to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
OK, I don't know why, but instead of my music becoming "softer" in my old age, I am starting to listen to a lot of the more "harder" stuff. My kids say it is a midlife crises thing, but I really love music by the likes of Nick Oliveri and Mondo Generator. Anyone else?
Re: Death Metal [message #68255 is a reply to message #68230] Sun, 19 June 2011 10:40 Go to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
My tastes have stretched in both directions. But it has really become extremely focused on the best of both worlds. Google "Italian Power Metal" if you want an idea.

I really feel like Death, Black and Thrash metal have completely overshadowed the far more "bel canto" styles of heavy metal.

There have been dozens of albums that Yanni fans would easily enjoy without even having to stretch their conceptions about music at all. Trans Siberian Orchestra are making a ton of money and selling out large arenas doing what Power Metal has done in the 80's with almost no deviation in style,but a different marketing strategy and traget audience.

Unfortunately, it will always be assumed Death Metal represents Heavy Metal in general.

I think I know what you mean, but don't forget there's a ton of stuff out there for everybody. Look deep and look hard. You will likely find a style that is doing exactly what you're after. I say that because as a fan myself I thought there was always going to be a compromise. But there isn't. Someone's doing exactly what you want to hear. Over the years people tend to accept the things they assume have to go together without finding the perfect symbiosis they are after.

Previous Topic: The Last House on the Left
Next Topic: True Grit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:02:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout