Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Showing my age!
Showing my age! [message #67721] Wed, 18 May 2011 08:28 Go to next message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
I stumbled across a DVD of the oldish film 'From 13 to 30' at a garage sale and thought it would be fun to watch with my daughters. (They're 11 and 13.) It was when I was laughing at the references such as 'Love is a Battlefield' that I realised I'm getting old! They had no clue what was so amusing.
Re: Showing my age! [message #67801 is a reply to message #67721] Mon, 23 May 2011 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I've never heard of that movie, but I do know about Pat Benatar! And you would be surprised at the movie that the younger people are listening to these days. I met a 17 year old at a Led Zeppelin concert, and he knew the songs better than I did!
Re: Showing my age! [message #68048 is a reply to message #67721] Fri, 03 June 2011 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roxie is currently offline  Roxie
Baron
I saw that movie and I am sure that i am a lot older. It was funny. What other movies have you guys seen lately that make you realize how much time have gone by.
Re: Showing my age! [message #68213 is a reply to message #68048] Fri, 17 June 2011 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
We were watching The Sorcerer's Apprentice with Nick Cage and one of the characters makes a reference to Depeche Mode in regards to another character's hair and dress that looked like it came right from the mid 80's. My wife and I laughed our ass off and our kids looked at us like we were crazy. The same character with the hair does an imitation of Obi-Wan from Star Wars with the "these are not the droids you're looking for" comment and we were laughing at that as well.
Re: Showing my age! [message #68219 is a reply to message #68213] Fri, 17 June 2011 22:10 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I don't remember that one either, but a few weeks ago I got a DVD of Sci Fi Classics. Most of these I have never heard of much less seen, but they are a real hoot. Very Happy Some like the Atomic Brain and the Mesa of Lost Women are really beyond belief. A second DVD is even older Stuff like Things to come (1936) and the original version of lost world (1925)are quite funny. Enjoy the oldies, some time in the future the current crop of movies will be campy too. Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Tropic Thunder Song
Next Topic: The Last House on the Left
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 20:08:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers