Home » xyzzy » Tower » Electronics School
Electronics School [message #68044] Fri, 03 June 2011 20:16 Go to next message
Serena is currently offline  Serena
Chancellor
Would you support a kid that is not interested in going on to college, but that would love to go to vocational school? I personally think they can make a lot more money working with electronics than on an office.
Re: Electronics School [message #68050 is a reply to message #68044] Fri, 03 June 2011 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iDummy is currently offline  iDummy
Baron
I would support my kid no matter what he or she would want to study. However, I do agree that there is a lot of money to be made in the field of electronics.
Re: Electronics School [message #68131 is a reply to message #68044] Sat, 11 June 2011 04:29 Go to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
There are no jobs. I went to school to become an electronics engineer and a degree later can't even find a job where they believe I can install speaker wire correctly. I've answered dozens upon dozens of ads for specifically for that type of job installing A/V (copper/fiber) wiring with absolutely no response.

I took my time in college, going out of my way to make sure I failed classes that I could have passed but really wanted to learn well. I graduated with a 3.0GPA anyway, so that is not really relevant. As such, guys I started school with who graduated six months earlier I was running into at job interviews.

Your only chance is rounding up a half dozen specialized certifications that take serious knowledge and serious skill. Then finding someone that will even bother with an entry level person.

The manufactuering has left the country and there are very experienced people looking for work. You do the math.

Every school in the country wants to hand out diplomas for computers and nursing because those fields are extremely easy to sell to people who don't know better and they are extremely easy to meet certification standards.

Go to school to learn, that's what I did, whether there were jobs or not. Make it a career if you can, but that needs to be the last thing on your mind or you will get burned.

Previous Topic: Vacations to the coasts
Next Topic: Anyone here create videos or audios for online use?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:03:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio