Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Music for Relaxation and Meditation
Music for Relaxation and Meditation [message #68074] Mon, 06 June 2011 11:47 Go to next message
Doppler is currently offline  Doppler
Chancellor
What music or CDs are perfect to play to enhance meditation or to increase relaxation? Once in a while, I lie in bed and shut out all my thoughts and listen to soothing sounds I've been playing my classical music CDs for this purpose for a long time now, and I want to try something different. Smile
Re: Music for Relaxation and Meditation [message #68330 is a reply to message #68074] Fri, 24 June 2011 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cogent is currently offline  cogent
Chancellor
One of my all time favorites is a CD called Medicine Woman by Medwyn Goodall. It transforms me every time I play it! I hope you enjoy it.
Re: Music for Relaxation and Meditation [message #68365 is a reply to message #68074] Mon, 27 June 2011 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
For meditating I usually avoid songs with words because it's distracting and I tend to sing along so I usually go with the classics like Beethoven and Bach. But if it's for chill, I go for easy listening music and acoustic singer songwriters like Ingrid Michaelson, Sara Bareilles, Laura Izibor etc Smile
Re: Music for Relaxation and Meditation [message #68368 is a reply to message #68074] Tue, 28 June 2011 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piccMu51c is currently offline  piccMu51c
Chancellor
I enjoy anything by David Lanz, and the cd An Ancient Muse by Loreena McKinnett. It's a Celtic style that may be grating to some, but that I find organic and peaceful.
Re: Music for Relaxation and Meditation [message #68373 is a reply to message #68074] Tue, 28 June 2011 12:15 Go to previous message
Doppler is currently offline  Doppler
Chancellor
Thanks for the suggestions. Will check out the CD's! And yes, I've heard some of Ingrid Michaelson's songs while watching certain episodes of Grey's Anatomy. The show has used some of her music for its background music. I'd say her songs are very pleasant to the ears.
Previous Topic: Book vs Movie
Next Topic: Supporting Local Bands
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 10:17:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout