Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Request for Plans (4Pi, 6Pi and 7Pi)
Request for Plans [message #67934] Mon, 30 May 2011 11:36 Go to next message
MerlinGS is currently offline  MerlinGS
Esquire
Hi Wayne,

Would it be possible to get plans for the 4 Pi, 6 Pi and 7 Pi speakers?

Thanks
Re: Request for Plans [message #67935 is a reply to message #67934] Mon, 30 May 2011 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I prefer that you pick the model you intend to build and let me know. I'll send plans as soon as you decide.

Re: Request for Plans [message #67958 is a reply to message #67934] Tue, 31 May 2011 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
The problem is that I honestly don't know between the Pi6 and Pi7, so I wanted to compare the work required. The Pi 4 would be used in my HT, so it's for a different project. If I was forced to decide, I think I would probably prefer the Pi6 for the Living room.

Thanks
Re: Request for Plans [message #67959 is a reply to message #67934] Tue, 31 May 2011 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
BTW, where is the Pi6 crossed to the 12" woofer? I would prefer to use multiple subs, does this mean I would only have to build the cabinet to house the mid and tweeter?

Thanks
Re: Request for Plans [message #67963 is a reply to message #67959] Tue, 31 May 2011 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The biggest difference between the three π and four π speakers is the the midwoofer families available. This is also true for the six π and seven π cornerhorns. The three π and four π models are about the same size, as are the bass bins of the six π and seven π loudspeakers.

The three π and six π models use the Eminence Delta 12LF woofer in the entry level model, or the Acoustic Elegance TD12S woofer for the high-end upgraded model. The four π and the seven π speakers use the Eminence Omega 15 woofer or the JBL 2226, as an upgrade option. All models can use an Eminence PSD2002 compression driver or the optional B&C DE250 driver.

So really, when you choose between three π and four π, you're choosing the midwoofer. Same thing with the six π and seven π. In most other respects, the models are very similar.

All our models are designed to work best with multisubs. In fact, all loudspeaker systems work best with multisubs, since it's really a room mode thing. But all our models have powerful woofers yet gradual rolloff slopes that blend very well with multisubs. Don't high-pass the mains, just low-pass the subs.

Our constant directivity cornerhorns blend the woofer and the midhorn in the 100Hz to 250Hz range. The woofer has a very gradual (first-order) low-pass and the midhorn's only rolloff down low is acoustic. They are designed to overlap so there is smoothing in the upper model region. This is discussed in the last few pages of the following whitepaper:
Re: Request for Plans [message #67964 is a reply to message #67934] Tue, 31 May 2011 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks. I think I'll go with the Pi7 and the Pi4 then.
Re: Request for Plans [message #67965 is a reply to message #67964] Tue, 31 May 2011 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

Re: Request for Plans [message #67999 is a reply to message #67934] Thu, 02 June 2011 14:23 Go to previous message
Esquire
Thanks! When it's time to start I will search the forum for hints, and probably be a slight pain with simple questions.

Again, Thanks.
Previous Topic: Request for 4pi plans
Next Topic: Subwoofers on the way
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 02:13:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers