Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Plans and question (7Pi and my room)
Plans and question [message #67909] Sun, 29 May 2011 08:47 Go to next message
zerowaf is currently offline  zerowaf
Esquire
Hello!
I wonder do you still give away speaker plans for 7 Pi?
I you do, I'll be gratefull for e-mail!

Now the questions:
-My room is square 13,15 x 13,15 feet, and 8,2 feet high - all hard bricks and concrete with two full hard bricks corners avaliable.
Not much furniture - just an couch, hifi rack and wall shelfs.
Is that enough room for 7's?
-does plans include xover schematic and tweeter horn plans for diy modeling? I live in Croatia/Europe, and shiping + taxes are incredible, so if I ever will have Pi speaker that must be a clone.

Thank's for answers in advance!

Mladen
Re: Plans and question [message #67912 is a reply to message #67909] Sun, 29 May 2011 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

The room is fine for cornerhorns, but you'll definitely have strong room modes. Rigid walls like that are great structurally, but acoustically, they provide no damping at all. I would definitely add subs in the opposing corners, and if you really want the best and have time to do it, make some "false wall" damper panels. More information below:
Re: Plans and question [message #67918 is a reply to message #67912] Sun, 29 May 2011 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thank you, mr Parham!
Right now I'm working my night shift, but first thing tomorow (after strong coffey Smile ) will be reading your links and speaker plan examine.

All the best 'till next pair of questions!
Mladen
Re: Plans and question [message #67936 is a reply to message #67918] Mon, 30 May 2011 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Was sniffing around forum to see cabinet material thicknes.
Is it 5/8 of the inch? That would be 15,875 mm, I guess.
Here we use metric system, so I must calculate plan drawings to make just the same openings and iner volumes in cabinets regardles to material thickness.
Closest profile I can get is 18 mm/ cca. 0,7".

P.S. Wayne, your kit price is just amazing for everyone who lives on same continent.
Can not imagine someone can buy separate parts elswhere and make anny savings! Cool
Don't know how you manage that, but you must be an altruistic soul and doing this for love, not for living! Smile

But I'll just need to go step by step trough my domestic vendors cause with my custom fee's my parlament would get one pair for free. I'm not so altruistic... Crying or Very Sad Laughing

EDIT: Just look again on plans - it is 3/4" or 19,05mm. Again, closest here is 21 mm or 0,827".
Re: Plans and question [message #67937 is a reply to message #67936] Mon, 30 May 2011 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Can you not find 19mm birch plywood? I like to use 19mm Baltic Birch, which has the letter "ф" stamped on it. That has to be made somewhere on your side of the pond. It's high quality wood, strong and free of voids.

Re: Plans and question [message #67946 is a reply to message #67909] Mon, 30 May 2011 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I'm just at begining and did not explore all posibilities (I'm sure that is misspelled but hope you understand my pidgeon english Smile ).
So far I found 15, 18 and 21 mm, but that does not mean somewhere behind the corner I would not stumble on that "ф" mark.
It's either ancient Greek lether or Cyrillic - if Greek that don't mean much 'cause it is comon to use ancient Greek letters, but if it is Cyrillic that should be Russian made ply. My side of pond! Smile
We'll see!
So far got problems to understand port on bass enclosure. Think there must be some "labyrinth" behind?
And should I make that ports in some mirrored fashion regarding left to right speaker. If so, does it matter if the opening port is on inner or outer side (meaning for instance left corner unit - should the port be closer to side wall or closer to midle of the room?)

If nothing else improvisation will be the cure - peops raised behind iron curtain are born with "improvisation gene". Laughing
Re: Plans and question [message #67956 is a reply to message #67946] Tue, 31 May 2011 08:47 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The port is "L" shaped, starts by going straight back and then bends upward. As for the position of the port, yes, I do like to make them mirror imaged, but at the low frequencies where the port is active, it doesn't matter what side it is on.

Previous Topic: Spikes for 3 Pi and 7 Pi
Next Topic: 3 Pi Subwoofer Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 11:37:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout