Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Do you sing?
Do you sing? [message #67461] Thu, 05 May 2011 21:31 Go to next message
BluesBrother77 is currently offline  BluesBrother77
Chancellor
I sing and dance in the car all the time. I know I can't carry a tune in a bucket but I figure it's my car everyone in it can suffer. Do you sing and if so, where and are you any good?
Re: Do you sing? [message #67464 is a reply to message #67461] Thu, 05 May 2011 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Not if I can help it. My singing would probably cause a major exodus from wherever I was. I even try not to hum.... Shocked

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Do you sing? [message #67571 is a reply to message #67461] Wed, 11 May 2011 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Awwe heck NO. Not in a car but maybe at a small get together, and my friends and me we're all drunk goofing around. My liryics were totally perverted. Shocked Shocked

But I did have a number 1 hit single, it was called 'My mama was a hooker my daddy was a pimp'. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Re: Do you sing? [message #67584 is a reply to message #67461] Thu, 12 May 2011 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes. I have an over 5 octave range from Eb1-F6, but my tessitura is 3 Octaves from E2-E5. I sing as a Baritone and as a Tenor.

Re: Do you sing? [message #67628 is a reply to message #67584] Sun, 15 May 2011 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Say What? Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Do you sing? [message #67697 is a reply to message #67461] Tue, 17 May 2011 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
More info because my claim is fairly hard to believe:

I have overdeveloped hearing due to a medical condition which has given me the ability to hear exactly how a singer resonates their voice and produces their notes. Because of this, my voice insists on singing exactly the way I hear it. Because of this 5 years of endless practice have yielded a vocal range that is almost unheard of. I can also sing at over 100db for up to 8 hours in a day because my voice will not allow me to do anything that causes it pain or resistance. I have always talked in a more nasal voice instinctively which means when I'm not singing, my voice is constantly resting because I don't open my vocal folds when I talk. It's not as fun as it sounds, when I'm not on medication to control it, my tactile sense is so uncoordinated that I practically lose my ability to control my voice for singing. This has been the major setback because my brain will ignore my sense of touch if I am using my ears intensely.

It is not impossible to have an extreme vocal range or ability
It just requires extreme circumstances such as deliberately and instinctively talking using the smallest amount of effort possible since you could speak and having hearing so sensitive it has been tested that you can hear at close to zero decibels, normal being around 25db. attempting to sing death metal or letting out a piercing scream is going to hurt you if you don't know what you are doing. If I were anyone else, my voice would be as raspy and worn as Rod Stewarts' if not completely ruptured a few times and crippled.

Most of the music I listen to either features virtuoso Hard Rock singers like Joe Lynn Turner or the classically trained singers that gravitate towards Symphonic/Power/Progressive/Operatic Metal

Re: Do you sing? [message #68052 is a reply to message #67461] Fri, 03 June 2011 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forest is currently offline  Forest
Chancellor
I admire people who can sing because I cannot. I don't do it in private or public. I'm awful and its just embarrassing even if I am just embarrassing myself.
Re: Do you sing? [message #68752 is a reply to message #67461] Wed, 27 July 2011 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I've been told that I can sing, but I think people were just being nice. And I only sing after I've had a few drinks - maybe they were only listening after they had a few drinks!
Re: Do you sing? [message #68757 is a reply to message #68752] Wed, 27 July 2011 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi All, I don't know how well I can sing, but the neighborhood dogs all start to howl when I do Laughing

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Do you sing? [message #69072 is a reply to message #67461] Thu, 18 August 2011 14:04 Go to previous message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I sing. I am told that I actually sound pretty good. I guess I'm just a little shy, though and don't always feel comfortable singing in front of a crowd.
Previous Topic: Lots of Audio Gear
Next Topic: Speakers on Car Exterior
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:53:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout