Home » Audio » Source » Analog vs Digital
Re: Analog vs Digital [message #67384 is a reply to message #65967] Tue, 03 May 2011 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi All, Great thoughts. I've been attached to both sides at one time or another. Now I do and love both. A recent experience really brought home to me the level of improvement that has taken place in the digital area. I ripped a large number of tracks from CDs that had been recorded well to MP3 at 320K. I put them on an external USB drive and fed it into my OPPO 83SE. Really amazing. I will have to try other formats and see how that works. One fault if you can call it that is the OPPO won't recognize some formats and only likes drives with FAT formatting. Still on a 500G to 1TB drive you can put a huge amount of music.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Analog vs Digital [message #67386 is a reply to message #67384] Tue, 03 May 2011 13:18 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Here's a related thread, with a couple good links that describe PCM (fixed width Nyquist) and Delta Sigma (one-bit oversampled bitstream) converters:
Previous Topic: How To Make An iPod Sound Like a $1.5K CD Player
Next Topic: CD Players
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:29:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout