Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Favorite sports film of all time?
Favorite sports film of all time? [message #67323] Sat, 30 April 2011 20:55 Go to next message
BigBoom is currently offline  BigBoom
Chancellor
What is your favorite sports movie of all time? I know there have been plenty, but my favorite continues to be "Rudy". Maybe it is just because I am a huge Notre Dame football fan, but that one always gets me and I find myself cheering with everyone else in the end, trying to get Rudy Ruettiger out on that field.
Re: Favorite sports film of all time? [message #67355 is a reply to message #67323] Sun, 01 May 2011 20:42 Go to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Major League.

There was actually an alternate ending that was intended to be released before test audiences saw it. Basically the owner, Rachael, never intended to move the team, but used the "bad guy" persona to motivate the team to win. Why else would she invite a bunch of guys that could actually play? A former all-star...A pitcher with a 99mph fastball...a guy who runs faster than anyone...a guy who can hit anything out of the park (but needed some work on breaking balls. And why hire Lou Brown, a veteran coach who's seen every minor league problem over the years? Think about it. It makes perfect sense. She was interested in packing the stands and as you can see by the end they were selling out the stadium!

The sequel would have been much better if they couldn't have used the "Rachael Phelps has bought the team again to run it into the ground" story.

Previous Topic: Favorite Artist/Band
Next Topic: Law Abiding Citizen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 21:31:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout