Home » Audio » General » Ripping CD to mp3
Ripping CD to mp3 [message #67192] Sun, 24 April 2011 09:15 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
What's the simplest way to rip songs off a CD and convert them to mp3s? Is this something I can do with Windows Media Player?
Re: Ripping CD to mp3 [message #67198 is a reply to message #67192] Sun, 24 April 2011 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
Howdy Nymeria,

Yes, it's very easy to do with Windows Media Player.

Open Windows Media Player, and click on the bottom section of the Rip button, which will open a drop-down menu. Click on More Options, which will open the Options applet. Click on the Rip Music tab, and then open the Rip Settings format drop-down list. It'll be set to Windows Media Audio (.wma) by default; simply change it to mp3, then click apply and OK. Close the Media Player.

The next time you open the player and rip a CD, it should automatically save it as a mp3.

Thermionic Smile

Re: Ripping CD to mp3 [message #67205 is a reply to message #67192] Mon, 25 April 2011 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
OK, thank you for the help! That was even easier than I thought it would be. I figured I might have to download special software or something but am glad I asked about WMP.
Re: Ripping CD to mp3 [message #67228 is a reply to message #67205] Tue, 26 April 2011 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I like to use Express Rip. It is free and does a great job. The look up the artist and title feature is rather good - just not all CDs are in the data base. I figure about 85% of the common ones. You can set how it rips and to what quality. I love good free programs. The add-ons for working with the audio MP3 files are useful but I usually have no need of them.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Ripping CD to mp3 [message #67321 is a reply to message #67192] Sat, 30 April 2011 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BluesBrother77 is currently offline  BluesBrother77
Chancellor
I always use Windows Media Player. Why download software to do something that is so easy to do with standard software? I just ripped about 100 CD's for my brother last month.
Re: Ripping CD to mp3 [message #67361 is a reply to message #67192] Mon, 02 May 2011 10:44 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
No kidding, BluesBrother. I like taking the easier way. I've started ripping all my CDs (a big job!) to store all my music on the computer.
Previous Topic: Pipe Organs
Next Topic: Favorite Old Technology
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:02:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout