Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Recording room for voice overs
Recording room for voice overs [message #66080] Fri, 11 February 2011 02:04 Go to next message
Reverb is currently offline  Reverb
Chancellor
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking a bit and trying to read through what I can. I apologize if something similar has already been posted.

I'm living in a tiny apartment, but I would like to get started recording voice overs. I've done them in the past in studios, so recording in my apartment would be a first. I don't have a lot of room here, but I have a decent-sized closet that would be big enough to record in. I also have some acoustic foam that I bought a few months ago. I'd really like to setup a little studio in there. Has anyone here had success with working in a room that small?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Recording room for voice overs [message #66434 is a reply to message #66080] Wed, 02 March 2011 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I personally haven't done it, but some of the studios I've been in had a very small booth for voiceover work. It seemed to be ok.
Re: Recording room for voice overs [message #66437 is a reply to message #66080] Wed, 02 March 2011 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yeah, Iso booths are really small.

Wayne said something about the room size possibly enhancing certain frequencies at a certain level and in this case, you do not want anything low enhanced at all. You really want a high-pass on vocals. So small is best. Open is even better though, but I assume you don't own a warehouse Razz

Re: Recording room for voice overs [message #66522 is a reply to message #66080] Sun, 06 March 2011 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SiliconChip is currently offline  SiliconChip
Chancellor
Voice over work would be a lot of fun to do, and working from home in your own private booth sounds even better! I think one of the main concerns is street noise, but if you live in a fairly quiet neighborhood, then it should be just fine.
Re: Recording room for voice overs [message #67419 is a reply to message #66080] Wed, 04 May 2011 20:05 Go to previous message
BigBoom is currently offline  BigBoom
Chancellor
I have never done it myself, but I do know something about acoustics. I think a small room or in your case closet would work great. Especially since you can soundproof it. If you don't mind me asking, how do you get into doing voice over work from home?
Previous Topic: How many speakers is necessary?
Next Topic: Best speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:59:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout