Home » Audio » General » iPad 2 - is it worth it?
iPad 2 - is it worth it? [message #66469] Thu, 03 March 2011 12:40 Go to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
What do you guys think about the "upgrades" on the iPad? I'm not really a fan of apple but it's undeniable they're the front-runners in the tablet industry. I do think that the upgrades they made on the iPad are a bit pointless, like two cameras instead of adding an sd slot/usb port. But what do you guys think about the iPad 2? Worth it? Or wait for iPad 3 to come out?
Re: iPad 2 - is it worth it? [message #66476 is a reply to message #66469] Thu, 03 March 2011 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woofer is currently offline  woofer
Chancellor
I have been thinking about getting an iPad, more for when I'm out of the house, as it would be more convenient even than a laptop. Now that they've come out with iPad 2, does that mean they'll stop making the original? I see no point at all to two cameras.
Re: iPad 2 - is it worth it? [message #66489 is a reply to message #66476] Fri, 04 March 2011 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
Exactly, right? It's so weird there are two cameras! They say it's for video chat. But still, they could have put more useful hardware instead of another camera. Neutral
Re: iPad 2 - is it worth it? [message #66514 is a reply to message #66469] Sat, 05 March 2011 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GuitarStrings is currently offline  GuitarStrings
Baron
Don't get me wrong, I love the iPad and all of its features, but the additions on the iPad2 just don't seem worth it to me. Why the heck would I need a camera for something I mostly use like a laptop? I guess if you want to be able to take a picture while you're exploring the net it's a good thing. Me, I don't see the point.

The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.
Jimi Hendrix

Re: iPad 2 - is it worth it? [message #66517 is a reply to message #66469] Sat, 05 March 2011 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I would like it more if it had a keyboard, mouse, windows, 192Khz/24-bit sound card, flash...ect.

An "entertainment" computer that doesn't function as a computer just doesn't do it for me considering my laptop has none of it's limitations and even better capability the tablet is known for. I know how to use hot keys in windows to get things done instantly.

If I want to watch a movie, the laptop has better resolution than Blu-Ray.

If I wanna listen to a song, the card can reproduce up to 192Khz, 24-bit audio easily in any format.

I just don't see these things being able to outdo a laptop other than playing games that specifically require a touchscreen. I think they are the Nintendo Virtua-Boy of this generation.

Re: iPad 2 - is it worth it? [message #66529 is a reply to message #66517] Sun, 06 March 2011 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I don't buy into the whole iPad hype. It really doesn't seem like a useful device to me--or at least not useful enough for me to buy it.
Re: iPad 2 - is it worth it? [message #66542 is a reply to message #66469] Sun, 06 March 2011 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaleb is currently offline  Kaleb
Chancellor
I think the new iPad is a bit premature. It always seems that when it comes to Apple, every second release is the better one. The one's in between seem like testers.
Re: iPad 2 - is it worth it? [message #66560 is a reply to message #66469] Mon, 07 March 2011 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miss zoey
Baron
I've read reviews that stated this iPad is more of an iPad 1.5 than an iPad 2. I think they should have given some more time for them to develop it and then released it with more useful updates...
Re: iPad 2 - is it worth it? [message #66608 is a reply to message #66469] Fri, 11 March 2011 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tess is currently offline  Tess
Esquire
I'd like to see a couple of USB ports rather than 2 cameras. PLUS - I'm waiting for the price to come down - I reckon that in another year the price will be close to the cheaper end of the notebook market.

Tess
Re: iPad 2 - is it worth it? [message #67155 is a reply to message #66608] Thu, 21 April 2011 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Scholten is currently offline  Scholten
Esquire
I've read reviews that stated this iPad is more of an iPad 1.5 than an iPad 2. I think they should have given some more time for them to develop it and then released it with more useful updates.
Previous Topic: "In the Wall" speakers
Next Topic: Who is going to win?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 20:02:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout