Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Instrumental Music
Instrumental Music [message #66353] Sun, 27 February 2011 07:34 Go to next message
SoundCheck is currently offline  SoundCheck
Chancellor
I have a very strong bond with instrumental music. I just love listening to the harmony created by putting together the sounds of the piano, the violin, the saxophone, etc...It produces a very soothing sound. I am a big fan of Yanni, Kenny G, Richard Clayderman, and Enya...How do you feel about instrumental music? What are your favorite instrumental tracks? Razz
Re: Instrumental Music [message #68826 is a reply to message #66353] Wed, 03 August 2011 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I love Kenny G, but I have to be in the right frame of mind to listen to his music. I am always on the go, and that type of music is "easy listening". If I had time to take it easy, it would be perfect.
Re: Instrumental Music [message #68867 is a reply to message #66353] Sat, 06 August 2011 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goatmaster is currently offline  Goatmaster
Chancellor
I, too, have an extreme affinity for instrumental music, but not so much for harmonies or melodies, but rather sonic exploration and composing with textures, timbres, and dynamics. I prefer film soundtracks, ambient gallery installations, and incidental music for sound designs, such as exegetic video game music other than typical song style presentations.
Re: Instrumental Music [message #68953 is a reply to message #66353] Tue, 09 August 2011 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yaser is currently offline  Yaser
Chancellor
I adore instrumental music. I'm relaxed every time I listen to the music of Kenny G or Jim Brickman. I just don't understand why the youth of today can't appreciate such music and they always like noisy and upbeat music.
Re: Instrumental Music [message #69094 is a reply to message #68953] Sat, 20 August 2011 01:41 Go to previous message
moviegeek is currently offline  moviegeek
Chancellor
Yaser wrote on Tue, 09 August 2011 23:37
I just don't understand why the youth of today can't appreciate such music and they always like noisy and upbeat music.

I guess today's youth are just so filled with stress and emotions all the time. When they have been mellowed with age, they'll appreciate slow soothing instrumental music as well. Ha ha.
Previous Topic: Lovecraft Related Music
Next Topic: Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 12:05:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout