Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Musical Movies
Musical Movies [message #64933] Sat, 27 November 2010 10:40 Go to next message
Lancelot is currently offline  Lancelot
Viscount
The movie Sound of Music is the first musical movie I have seen. I think it paved the way for more musical movies like Mamma Mia, Chicago, and Nine. Do you like this type of movies?
Re: Musical Movies [message #64941 is a reply to message #64933] Sat, 27 November 2010 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melissa is currently offline  Melissa
Viscount
I was not a big fan of musicals myself until I saw the remake of the Moulin Rouge, LOVE LOVE LOVE it, have it on cd, dvd etc.
It's a keeper. Rolling Eyes http://www.amazon.com/Moulin-Rouge-Blu-ray-Nicole-Kidman/dp/B001G8XON0
Re: Musical Movies [message #64942 is a reply to message #64933] Sat, 27 November 2010 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think "The Fountain" which is probably my favorite movie ever qualifies here. The score is brilliantly put together and evokes the moods of the movie very effectively. Clint Mansell is a genius in this regard.

Re: Musical Movies [message #64953 is a reply to message #64933] Sun, 28 November 2010 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
I am not a fan of must musical movies but I love Footloose. It is by far my favorite movie that has a lot of music in it. I also loved Fame.

Let's chat!
Re: Musical Movies [message #64974 is a reply to message #64933] Sun, 28 November 2010 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorel is currently offline  Jorel
Baron
I'm also not a big fan of musical movies. I think the only musical movie I liked was Sweeney Todd. I think the movie would have been better without the singing.
Re: Musical Movies [message #64995 is a reply to message #64933] Mon, 29 November 2010 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jane66 is currently offline  jane66
Chancellor
Yes, I too love musicals including the ones you mentioned. My favorite musical - if you can call it that - was actually the wizard of oz .... there's no place like home, etc.
Re: Musical Movies [message #65994 is a reply to message #64933] Sat, 05 February 2011 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
I really enjoy watching musical movies especially since I can't really go and watch them live :/

I loved the movie versions of Phantom of the Opera, Rent, Rocky Horror, and Hairspray! Mamma Mia was okay. It was kinda... girly? My guy friend who we forced to watch with us said he grew a fallopian tube after we watched the movie.
Re: Musical Movies [message #66190 is a reply to message #64933] Fri, 18 February 2011 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PopcornAlley is currently offline  PopcornAlley
Chancellor
The Music Man was always one of my favorites. I was fortunate enough to see this movie on TV, performed live on stage, and watched the remake. Can honestly say that this was one of the few musicals that I enjoyed all versions as well as the original.
Re: Musical Movies [message #66197 is a reply to message #65994] Fri, 18 February 2011 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scoot is currently offline  Scoot
Baron
falloutgirl wrote on Sat, 05 February 2011 14:35
I really enjoy watching musical movies especially since I can't really go and watch them live :/

Most high schools put on at least one musical a year, as do community theaters, even in fairly small towns. If you are near a larger town or city they probably offer live theater with a regular season of programming, which would include musicals along with classics, mysteries and, often, locally written works as well.
Re: Musical Movies [message #66201 is a reply to message #64933] Fri, 18 February 2011 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
bengee is currently offline  bengee
Chancellor
I do like most musicals just because they are really entertaining to watch and I can't help admiring all the effort people put into developing dances and songs to fit the mood. Even if you might not like the genre, you have to admit, these guys who have to actively perform the entire musical deserves a lot of admiration rather than someone who is just talking and attempting to set the mood. I always think of Guys and Dolls. No, it definitely wasn't my favorite musical, but all the songs were catchy and all the dance numbers were amazing, especially when they incorporated real-world actions like gambling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl6MHgh1vFQ
Previous Topic: Scream 4
Next Topic: Favorite Movie Soundtrack
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 09:39:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers