Home » Audio » General » Recommend some good earbuds for me?
Recommend some good earbuds for me? [message #66141] Wed, 16 February 2011 15:18 Go to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
I am in need of some new ear buds. Mine always seem to break within a few months. I think the longest I have gone without them breaking are about 6 months or so.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a half decent brand or should I may switch to just regular head phones? Are head phones more durable?
Re: Recommend some good ear buds for me? [message #66167 is a reply to message #66141] Fri, 18 February 2011 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nevermind is currently offline  Nevermind
Chancellor
Get something that fits well into your ear and blocks out outside sound. This way you can listen to your music a little lower because you don't have to turn it up to compete with outside sound. This is much healthier for your hearing.

I have Sennheiser i300 they're like 70 bucks but they work really well, never problems and they block out all outside sound.They have a mic too so you can use them for calls.
Re: Recommend some good ear buds for me? [message #66188 is a reply to message #66167] Fri, 18 February 2011 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Everybody I've talked to and doing world travlng myself on aircraft, is the Bose over the ear the headsets, as far as noise canceling. Sony, Senhieser, and Panasonic dosen't cut it (the noise).

I'm on my second pair of JVC ear bud's after 5ys. They'll run you about 35-45 dollars (The last I bought them for) from Best Buy. I'm working on the pair I bought 2yr's ago.

Check out the JVC earbud.
Re: Recommend some good earbuds for me? [message #66195 is a reply to message #66141] Fri, 18 February 2011 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
Thanks for the suggestion Bill. I had been looking into JVC, but wasn't sure if the earbuds would actually be worth the money. They sound pretty durable though. I had been buying the cheap ones from Walmart, and they just aren't cutting it anymore.
Re: Recommend some good earbuds for me? [message #66210 is a reply to message #66141] Sat, 19 February 2011 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I know this sounds crazy, but in desperation while I was out one day and needed a pair of earbuds immediately, I bought a pair from Dollar Tree. I thought I would just use them temporarily until I got something better, but this was 4 months ago, and they still work! It was some off brand type, of course, but just thought I'd mention it...
Re: Recommend some good earbuds for me? [message #66215 is a reply to message #66141] Sat, 19 February 2011 13:32 Go to previous message
GuitarStrings is currently offline  GuitarStrings
Baron
I can't name a specific type off the type of my head, but the most successful pair of headphones were made by Samsung. It was for an touchscreen mp3-player at the time, one that I had over 4 years ago. Those headphones just continued to work even after that mp3-player died. The only reason I don't use them now is because I accidently crushed one of the earbuds. It was a sad day.

The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.
Jimi Hendrix

Previous Topic: Sound Miner, anyone?
Next Topic: Built-in DVD player?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 18:10:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers