Home » Audio » General » Quality mp3 player
Quality mp3 player [message #65875] Sat, 29 January 2011 15:43 Go to next message
Hoptoit is currently offline  Hoptoit
Baron
We have iPods here but I want an mp3 player that is not an Apple. Can you give me any suggestions on brands of mp3 players. It has to be a good quality one.
Re: Quality mp3 player [message #65878 is a reply to message #65875] Sat, 29 January 2011 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rap14 is currently offline  Rap14
Baron
I have a RCA mp3 player and it is awesome! It holds over 200 songs and I've never had any problems downloading any music to it. The sound is quality too.

Bee Bop Bee Bop!
Re: Quality mp3 player [message #65881 is a reply to message #65875] Sat, 29 January 2011 16:13 Go to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Do some research in the response curves of individual players and go with whatever has the flattest most extended response. Also consider the sound card that is on board (likely won't be labeled as such, so research the part numbers of the DA converter and the op-amps)

Consider the sensitivity in db of the output jack. There is a huge difference in say 92db vs. 107db. Make sure the impedance is closer to your headphones impedance.

I can't make any specific recs because I use my laptop and an assortment of gadgets that MP3 players will never have.

The response curves should be floating around via a google search, the rest should be disclosed by the manuf. Amazon.com will probably have a good deal of these details in the products tech. specs. If you can't find this information, it is probably not worth bragging about, so I would avoid choosing one where they are tight lipped about the specs.

Previous Topic: MP3 Player and Computer Software
Next Topic: So Much Music!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 12:55:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout