Home » Audio » General » What's more fun, listening to music through headphones or speakers?
What's more fun, listening to music through headphones or speakers? [message #65737] Mon, 17 January 2011 22:41 Go to next message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
Maybe I'm just getting old, but I much prefer to listen to music through headphones these days. I love being able to turn it up as loud as I want, and the quality seems great too. Most people I know disagree though, so I wonder if it's just me.
Re: What's more fun, listening to music through headphones or speakers? [message #65738 is a reply to message #65737] Mon, 17 January 2011 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Speakers.

I have good quality speakers and headphones. I love the sound of both, but I'd take the speakers any day.

Re: What's more fun, listening to music through headphones or speakers? [message #66000 is a reply to message #65737] Sun, 06 February 2011 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
Earphones/headphones. I like being able to drown out all sounds from my surroundings, so if I use speakers I'd be getting complaints from the next street.
Re: What's more fun, listening to music through headphones or speakers? [message #66028 is a reply to message #66000] Mon, 07 February 2011 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It depends on my mood. Most of the time I prefer speakers, but certain effects, such as extreme panning, are more noticeable and enjoyable with headphones.
Re: What's more fun, listening to music through headphones or speakers? [message #66031 is a reply to message #65737] Mon, 07 February 2011 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
For me, it really depends on my mood & the situation I am in. Sometimes, blasting music through speakers isn't an option, while other times it would be appropriate. Either, headphones or speakers work fine for me.
Re: What's more fun, listening to music through headphones or speakers? [message #66039 is a reply to message #66031] Mon, 07 February 2011 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
IMHO, nothing beats a good pair of earphones/headphones just because, as many have said, you can drown out all other noises. And if the quality is really good, you can finally hear that instrument you never heard when listening on the radio!

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Re: What's more fun, listening to music through headphones or speakers? [message #66130 is a reply to message #65737] Tue, 15 February 2011 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reverb is currently offline  Reverb
Chancellor
I used to turn the speakers up when I was younger. Now, I like to blast my music through the headphones. The good thing though, I don't listen to as much music as I used to, so I don't constantly have headphones in my ears.
Re: What's more fun, listening to music through headphones or speakers? [message #66221 is a reply to message #65737] Sun, 20 February 2011 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bengee is currently offline  bengee
Chancellor
I find myself listening to music on the computer more often than not, and I don't know about other people, but my speakers aren't too great. They don't get very loud, so it's hard at times to hear everything clearly. I guess I would say that I prefer headphones then, because the sound is much louder and you normally don't disturb the people around you.
Re: What's more fun, listening to music through headphones or speakers? [message #66228 is a reply to message #65737] Sun, 20 February 2011 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MusicDiva is currently offline  MusicDiva
Baron
I don't really have a preference. It really depends on the situation. If possible, speakers are nice; like when I'm sitting around the house. I use headphones when I want to listen to music and not be distracted by outside noise. I do this a lot when I'm working on something.
Re: What's more fun, listening to music through headphones or speakers? [message #66275 is a reply to message #65737] Wed, 23 February 2011 08:42 Go to previous message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
Speakers! So I can blast it very loud! Earphones or headphones are only for when you are out in public. I need loud music around me at all times.
Previous Topic: Built-in DVD player?
Next Topic: Your Headphones
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 02:08:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout